With so many big names in the UK market selling cordless drills, it can be difficult to choose the best one for you. Names like Makita, Ryobi and Dewalt are the first that comes to mind when someone is looking for an 18V cordless drill.
Below is a look at 10 amazing power tools that will guarantee satisfaction when you spend money on them.
18V Cordless Drills: Our Top 10
|Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2||9.6||Check|
|Bosch UniversalImpact 18||9.4||Check|
Ryobi is a company that has come a long way in the power tools industry and this product has to be one of their best. This 18V cordless drill is a professional’s dream and trusted companion when it comes to drilling and screwing materials such as metal, plastic, wood, and masonry.
It is an absolute beast of a tool with a 2-speed gearbox that gives you 50 Nm and 500/1800 RPM. With an impressive 24 torque settings, you are guaranteed a smooth finish no matter the material you’re working on plus it comes with a charger and batteries. If you plan on working in dark or poorly lit areas, you’ll be happy to know that it has an LED light that enables you to see clearly and improves your accuracy.
- Able to handle materials such as metal, plastic, wood, and masonry which are the most commonly used in the construction industry
- Part of the ONE+ family of tools meaning it will work with accessories like batteries and chargers that belong to other tools in this family.
- Has an LED lights for those who prefer to work in the night time or room with low visibility
- Gives you the freedom to move around the work station since you’re not restricted by wires
- Easy to travel with since it is a super weight too and can easily be store at home as well
- Extreme affordable especially for people who are working with a tight budget
- The only downside is it doesn’t offer you unlimited power because you need to charge it from time to time. Other than that, this cordless drill is flawless.
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2
Together with the likes of Dewalt and Makita, Bosch has also established itself as an industry leader thanks to top-quality tools like this one. When you buy this, you get a 18v drill that has a syneon chip and lithium-ion battery technology for a longer run time.
This excellent 18V cordless drill has an impact rate of 20.250 BPM and a maximum torque of 38 Nm which is ideal for impacting drilling and powering through wood, masonry, and metal. There is an LED light that comes in handy for DIYers who wish to work in the evening and take advantage of the 20 pre-selectable torque settings for a smooth experience. The battery only takes 1 hour to charge and a keyless chuck makes it easy for you to swap bits with ease.
- The battery charges quicker and comes with a carrying case for easy transportation
- Powerful enough to handle light DIY tasks you might have
- LED light in case you feel like working when it’s dark or in a room that’s not well lit
- Very durable and strong thanks to the metal materials used to make it which enables it to withstand all manner of materials
- Very easy to store in your garage as it will not take up much space
- This cordless drill is only for DIY enthusiasts and doesn’t have the power needed to work on heavy-duty tools.
Dewalt is a company known for its attention to detail and they equipped this product with a brushless motor. This helps it run smoothly and prevent common issues like overheating.
If your task will require you to work in confined spaces, this awesome 18V cordless drill has an amazingly compact design and since it is lightweight, you can work with this drill for hours without feeling tired. Other stand out features include a 5.0Ah XR Li-Ion battery as well as 15 position adjustable torque settings and an intelligent trigger design for better control and consistent results.
- Has a brushless motor for longevity and prevents problems such as overheating
- Plenty of positive review from customers who have said this is one of the best tools they own
- Very durable thanks to the strong materials used to make it which provide longevity
- Very powerful and gets both light and heavy-duty tasks are done with ease
- Some people find the manual this 18v drill comes with tricky to read especially if this is their first power tool.
- Tools that are made by Dewalt are very expensive and this one is no different. It is a very high-end model and you can expect to pay a lot of money.
Dewalt DCD776C1 18V Cordless Lithium LXT Combi Drill
While a bit expensive, this is one of those tools that give you value for money because of what it brings to the table. Just like some of the tools on this list, it has a two-speed gearbox that ranges from 0 – 400 RPM and 0 – 1500 RPM for top-notch drilling and screwing.
You can use this amazing 18V cordless drill on masonry, wood, and metal thanks to the 15 torque settings to pick from. It has an electric brake for your safety so that you can bring the tool to a complete stop when needed to prevent injuries.
- The battery charged very quickly and lets you pick up where you left off in no time
- It comes with a carry case for easy transportation to and from work
- There are no issues when it comes to storing this cordless drill because it can be kept in your garage or work office without taking up space.
- Dewalt is a brand that many people trust and you’re guaranteed a top performing 18v drill
- Has an electric brake that stops the tool dead in its tracks while you’re working to prevent injuries
- Just like the Dewalt power tool above, this one also has a high asking price which many people might see as expensive. Those with limited funds need to look for cheaper models elsewhere.
Bosch UniversalImpact 18
This is another great drill from Bosch and this is one of the most versatile products out of all their models. The 18V cordless drill is very strong and able to deal with heavy-duty projects with ease. With 20 torque settings to choose from, you will find it easy to work on a variety of materials using this tool.
It is a 3 in 1 tool that can be used for screwing, impacting drilling, and drilling. There’s no need for you to buy separate tools for each task because this tool does it all. Whether it is metal, masonry, or wood, you will get top-quality performances when you use this 18V drill and you can change the bit without using any tools.
- Part of the Bosch 18 V system family of tools meaning it is compatible with other 18 V Bosch power tools like vacuums.
- Lightweight and easy to use even if you are a beginner because it weighs just 1.30kgs
- It will not take up plenty of storage space either at home or the workplace
- Safe and give your plenty of freedom since you don’t have to worry about wires or cables
- You don’t need to buy a carrying case since it already comes with one
- It doesn’t have an LED light like some of the other models on this list meaning you can only use it in the daytime.
This is the second tool by Ryobi to make this list because just like Bosch, Dewalt, and Makita, they are a well-known name in the UK. You can use this 18V cordless drill on metal or wood and you’ll get a smooth finish every time. To enable you to work effectively in the dark, Ryobi fitted it with LED lights.
You will have no problems with visibility with this 18V tool in your hands plus improved bit gripping strength and durability, it has a 13 mm ratcheting chuck. You also have 24 torque settings to help you get plenty of work done and 2 gears to control the speed depending on the materials you’re working on.
- A very affordable 18V cordless drill when compared to plenty of other high-end models sold in the UK
- Offers visibility when used in dark work stations thanks to the LED installed on the tool
- Very strong and durable thanks to the materials it is made from
- Works well when used on metal and wood due to its clever design
- Low risk of accidents happening since there are no cables involved
- If you have any masonry tasks, this tool will not perform well and you’ll need to purchase other models.
Whether you work with masonry, metal, or wood, you will find drilling, screw driving, and hammer drilling with this 18V cordless drill a pleasant experience. The extremely powerful motor can deliver 21000 BPM to make hammer drilling masonry materials a breeze and 0 – 1400 RPM for other materials like metal and wood.
As a bonus, you get a kit box which makes it easy for you to store the cordless drill when you’re finished using it or to travel with it. The 10 torque settings it has provide precision and control especially when working with the materials mentioned above. Lastly, you will not experience any delays when working on projects because you can change the bits without needing any extra tools.
- One of the most versatile tools a professional or DIYer can add to their arsenal
- Offers users more power compared to other models on the market
- Comes with a kit box for easy transportation as well as storage
- Can be used for hours without users suffering from fatigue or tiredness
- This tool is heavy and can cause tiredness or fatigue very quickly when in the hands of someone less experienced.
The Makita is well known among professionals and DIYers in the UK. They did a wonderful job when it came to the design of this power tool because it is very lightweight and compact. The all-metal body that this 18V cordless drill has enables it to take plenty of punishment without showing any cracks.
It can reach a speed of up to 1900 RPM which is very impressive considering its size. Whether it is light or heavy-duty jobs, you have the low and high-speed modes on top of 22 clutch settings to ensure you produce excellent quality results. For your safety, this 18V cordless drill has an electric brake that stops the machine instantly to prevent accidents or injuries from occurring.
The twin LED job light means you can work in the dark when needed and the 13mm keyless chuck enables you to change the bits easily without needing any extra tools. Lastly, you don’t have to worry about overheating or damaging your battery because Makita equipped this tool with Battery Protection Circuit.
- A very strong tool because it is made out of metal
- Can be used on materials such as steel, masonry, and wood
- Doesn’t overheat thanks to Battery Protection Circuit technology
- Can be used in tight space because of its compact design
- This tool doesn’t come with any batteries and those together with any extra accessories need to be purchased separately
This 18V cordless drill allows you to freely change between hammer drilling, drilling, and screwing with ease thanks to adjustable 16 + 3 torque settings and up to 35 Nm. It also has two-speed settings depending on the tasks you’re performing.
The low-speed setting of between 0 – 450 RPM is ideal for screwing jobs while the high-speed setting of between 0 – 1600 RPM is great for drilling. The battery only takes 1 hour to charge and the LED light is there for you to use if you’re working during the evening or poorly lit workstations.
On top of buying this 18V drill, you’ll also get one more extension rod, 32 screwdriver bits, one flexible shaft, 9 bits, a charger, a battery, a kit box, and a well-detailed manual.
- Has 2-speed settings which allow you to make adjustments depending on the material you’re working on.
- An LED light for performing tasks in the dark or rooms that are poorly lit
- Can be used on materials such as wood, metal, and plastic
- Comes with a user manual which is helpful for less experienced people
- Since it has a bit of a bulky build, you need to be careful while using it because you can get hurt.
This 18V cordless drill is very versatile, powerful, and very compact. You will have no problem working in very tight areas plus the 2-speed gearbox enables you to easily work with materials like metal and wood. What’s also great about this cordless drill is it comes with a handy carry case for easy transportation and a 13 piece accessory kit.
Despite Mylek not being a well-known brand in the UK market, they did a wonderful job with the design of this tool. The ergonomic design makes it easy for you to use this drill for many hours without feeling tired. The soft grip hand provides a high level of comfort, precision, and accuracy while using this tool on various materials.
The LED work light it has allows you to work effectively in the dark and there are 19 torque settings for a smooth finish every time no matter the material. Lastly, it comes with a rechargeable battery that can easily be installed and removed.
- Easy to travel with because it comes with a carry case.
- A very affordable drill for people in the UK who don’t have a lot of funds to spend on power tools
- A very comfortable dril to use thanks to the soft-grip handle
- Can be used in the dark because of the LED light it is equipped with
- The runtime of this drill is shorter compared to some of the high-end models sold on the market.
- Since this brand is not well known, it doesn’t work in its favor because some customers will have reservations over its quality.
Overall all the 18V drills mentioned above are extremely well built with so many features and immaculately designed. They are all great 18V cordless drills for DIYers however, professionals might not find tools like the one made by MYLEK tricky to work with on heavy-duty jobs. Unlike many other machines in their class, what sets these apart from the rest is their power. These are some of the most powerful tools you can get and they are reliable. They are must-have tools because they are comfortable to work with and very convenient.