Whether you’re a professional tradesman or someone who loves DIY, the one tool you can trust to repair kitchen cabinets or loose door knobs is a Bosch cordless drill. There are so many models of this tool on the market and they are loved by so many people in the UK because they are powerful, reliable, and have a good runtime.
Below is a look at 7 amazing models you can buy as well as their features, pros and cons.
Bosch Cordless Drills
|Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2||9.6||Check|
|Bosch AdvancedImpact 18||9.5||Check|
|Bosch UniversalImpact 18||9.4||Check|
|Bosch GSR 12V-35||9.4||Check|
|Bosch EasyImpact 12||9.3||Check|
|Bosch GSB 10.8-2-LI||9.2||Check|
|Bosch PSR 14.4 LI-2||9.0||Check|
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill
This awesome Bosch cordless drill is high on the list of many UK DIYers and professionals because it is equipped with lithium-ion battery technology. This battery offers users an impressive run time meaning you can get plenty of tasks done in a short space of time. Anything from impact drilling, screw driving, and drilling on things like masonry, metal, and wood can be done with this tool because of its impressive speed. Its impact rate is 20.250 bpm and the maximum torque is 38 Nan.
It also has an LED light on it which enables you to see in poorly lit areas or the dark which ensures you produce accurate results. For easy and faster bit change, this tool has a keyless chuck with Bosch auto-lock. When you buy this product, some of the things you’ll get include two battery packs PBA 18V 1.5 Ah V-A, an AL 1815CV charger, a plastic case, and a double screwdriver bit.
- Impressive battery life that lasts 1 hour which is more than enough to get plenty of light jobs done
- Instructions menu come with the tool to make it easy for beginners or those less experienced
- A carry case comes free with your purchase so that you don’t have any issues traveling with this tool from one place to another
- You can choose between 20 torque settings allowing you produce good quality results depending on the material you’re waiting with
- Does not require a tool to change the bits since everything is done without the need to purchase a spinner or a screwdriver.
- Built-in LED light makes it easy for you to be precise and accurate while working in the dark.
- Can use 18 V batteries from other Bosch tools meaning you don’t have to spend money on new batteries if you already own Bosch 18 V batteries from other tools.
- Perform well when used for light-duty jobs only and will not perform well on tasks like drilling brick
Bosch Advanced Impact 18
This fantastic Bosch cordless drill is one of the most powerful on this list and is suitable for heavy-duty projects. Durability is one of its strongest features thanks to the materials it is made from. It is also very compact meaning you can comfortably use this tool in very tight places or areas with limited space without any issues.
Its small size makes it very easy to use and portable. You can carry this with you to and from work without feeling like it’s weighing you down. You can perform tasks like impact drilling, drilling, unscrewing, and screwing effortlessly thanks to its raw power. With the flick of a switch, you can turn the LED light on which enables you to work in the dark. Lastly, the 18 V battery it comes with is compatible with all Bosch products that need an 18 V battery which includes vacuums, grinders, and more.
- Perfect for a professional tradesman who works on high demanding projects
- Comes with a carry case when you buy it so that you can easily transport or travel with it
- Easy maneuverability thanks to a weight of just 1.1kgs
- Very easy to store at home or even at a workplace because it won’t take up plenty of space
- Can be used to drill masonry, wood, and steel with relative ease
- Expensive when compared to some of the other models sold in some of the department stores in the UK.
Bosch Cordless Hammer Drill Universal Impact 18
Strong and versatile, the outstanding Bosch cordless drill is exactly what any professional needs for those big projects they might be working on. You can effortlessly switch between impact drilling, drilling, and screwing without breaking a sweat. It offers you the right amount of power you need to get your tasks dined thanks to 20 torque settings.
You can adjust the speed of this Bosch cordless drill depending on the material you’re working on like metal, wood, and masonry. Coming in at a weight of just 1.30kgs, this is one of the lightest tools any professional in the UK can purchase and add to their arsenal. It has an 18 V battery which is compatible with most Bosch products you might own and it features a single sleeve drill Chuck as well as a 10 mm shank.
- Affordable tool when compared to other models in the Brosch range.
- Easy to use since it weighs 1.3kgs and will not make you tired quickly even if you use it for a long time
- Handles big projects very well without showing any signs of tear and wear
- Versatile enough to be used for drilling and screwing masonry, wood, and metal
- An 18 V battery that can be used on other Bosch products making it one of the most economical tools on the market
- It comes with a free carrying case which makes it easy for you to travel with it
- This tool is very underpowered for tasks like drilling blocks. It is best used for light tasks as that’s where it is most effective.
Bosch GSR 12V-35
If you’re looking for something that enables you to work in a tight area, this Bosch cordless drill is the perfect tool for you. It has a lovely compact design which makes it very easy to handle. It has a head length of 154 mm, 35 Nm hard torque, and a speed of 750 RPM. When compared to other products on the market, this tool easily gives you one of the best performance to size ratios out there.
Tools that have motors sometimes overhead however, this drill features a brushless motor which prevents problems like overheating making the tool last longer. With a weight of just 750g, this is up there with some of the lightest power tools sold on the UK market today. It is powered by a 12 V battery which can be used on other Bosch power tools you might own in your arsenal. Freedom to move around, compactness and performance are all the things you get with this tool.
- Can be used in tight spaces thanks to its compact design
- One of the lightest tools you can ever work with at just 750g
- Since there are no cords to worry about, you are free to walk around
- Offers users a high-quality performance because it is made by an organization that has been making good quality power tools for many years.
- This cordless drill is not designed for drilling masonry and will not produce good results if used on this material.
- Doesn’t come with a battery and you’ll need to purchase one separately
Bosch EasyImpact 12
Any small projects you might have at home can easily be tackled thanks to this amazing Bosch cordless drill. You will be amazed by how quickly you can switch from drilling to screwing. It is well designed and durable. It will be able to handle small projects without showing any signs of wear and tear. For something so small, this cordless drill packs a punch and is very powerful. This power comes from the 12 V battery you get when you buy this tool and you can use it on other Bosch tools too just like the other products on the list.
Many people in the UK buy this tool because it is economical and the robust brushless motor extends its lifespan by preventing things like overheating. It is very easy to use because it is super lightweight and can be used on metal or wood of up to 20mm. If you’re planning on drinking limestone or brick that has a diameter of 6 mm, this is a great tool to use.
- Perfect for small jobs around the house because it is lightweight
- Durable thanks to the strong materials it is made from
- The perfect tool for screwing and drilling both metal and wood
- Come with a powerful 12V battery for light DIY jobs at home
- Not ideal for heavy-duty project because it’s designed to handle small projects only
Bosch GSB 10.8-2-LI
This tool shares some of the same characteristics as many of the Bosch drills sold on the market in the UK. The first standout feature is its small design which allows you to screw and drill in tight spaces. It is fitted with an LED light which enables you to work on your projects at night or in poorly lit areas.
This reliable Bosch cordless drill also has a 2-speed gearbox which is powerful enough to screw and drill materials like masonry, metal, and wood. With 10.8 V of power, you should make light work of any of your DIY projects at home in your garden plus it has a 10 mm auto-lock drill chuck. With Bosch Premier Lithium-ion technology, you’ll get an impressive run time and the Bosch Electric Cell Protection(ECP) prevents discharge and overheating.
- Only take 30 minutes to charge the battery which is quicker than many other models on the market
- LED light allows you to work in the dark or poorly lit areas
- Super lightweight since it weighs just 1kgs making it very portable and easy to use.
- The motor brake offers a high level of precision
- Impressive run time because of the unique Bosch Premium lithium-ion technology
- Has a battery indicator which lets you know how much battery life you have left before you have to place it on the charger
- Very comfortable to use in tight spaces thanks to its amazing compact design.
- Most people think the asking price of this tool is very high
Bosch PSR 14.4 LI-2
At 1.14kg, this trustworthy Bosch cordless drill is one of the best all-rounded products on this list. It can handle both small and medium-sized projects without showing any signs of falling apart. It has a very soft grip making it very comfortable to use for a long period without feeling tired. It is also very compact meaning it can be used in tight space plus, you don’t have to worry about it taking up storage space at your workplace or home.
You can easily travel with it too to and from work because it can be placed in the back seat or boot of your vehicle. It is powered by a 14.4V lithium-ion which is strong enough to drill or screw materials such as metals, masonry, and wood. The best part about it is the little noise it emits and vibrations less. It is one of the quietest tools you can buy and you will always produce accurate results because it doesn’t shake a lot like most power tools sold in the UK. Below are this product’s pros and cons.
- Portable and easy to use thanks to a weight of just 1.14kg
- Doesn’t vibrate or make a lot of noise enabling you to focus on your work
- Has a very comfortable grip to ensure you’re in full control all the time
- Very powerful drill thanks to the 14.4 volts you’ll have in your hands
- The price of this tool is very high when compared to other models in the UK market.
Bosch is a company that has been around for many years and continues to supply DIYers and professionals with top quality cordless drills and other tools. The products above all ooze quality and class because plenty of care was put into making them. They can withstand a heavy amount of punishment because they are durable and the features enable them to perform so many jobs for hours without showing signs of wear.