There are a or of drill/drivers out there that claim to get jobs done flawlessly. However, out of the many that do make these promises, only a few of them do live up to expectations, one of which is Bosch GSB 120-LI Professional. So today, we are going to have an overview of this drilling appliance, take a look at some of its specifications, the pros, and cons. So, without much ado, let’s get on with it!
The Bosch GSB 120-LI, is a highly sophisticated cordless drill/driver from Bosch. It is designed to be used by traded industry professionals for drilling or driving into wood and steel. The drill only weighs 1.2 kilograms, making it easy to handle, especially with delicate jobs.
[amazon box=”B01N4PT3ST” /]
There are two removable 12-volt lithium-ion batteries, and this drill is also compatible with the 10.8-volt battery range. These 12-volt batteries have the electronic cell protection, which prevents the batteries, and the motor of the drill from overloading when in use. It does this by shutting down the power until it is cool again. You can’t damage these batteries or motors by overloading them, nor is it possible to overcharge.
The maximum drilling capacity is 20 millimeters in wood, eight millimeters in steel, and has a maximum speed, and torque of 1300 rpm and 30 Newton meters.
These speeds are easily controlled with the pressure applied to the trigger. The drill, on the other hand, has two gears to choose from for high speed or high torque. It also has 20 torque settings via the selector dial on the front the direction, and rotation can be adjusted for maximum control when screw driving.
Other great features are the LED light to brighten your work area, and its keyless chuck can hold drill bits from 1 mil up to 10 millimeters. The drill comes with two 12-volt lithium-ion batteries, a charger, and a severe lockable carry case for protective transport, and storage.
GSB 120-LI Specifications:
- It has a Torque, max. (hard/soft): 28 / 11 Nm
- Comes with a No-load speed (1st gear / 2nd gear): 0 – 400 / 0 – 1300 rpm
- It has a maximum impact rate of 18,750 bpm
- It has a chuck capacity, that ranges from 0.3 – 10mm
- It has a battery voltage of 12 V
- It works best with battery capacity: 1.5Ah
- It has a charging time of about 94mins
- Torque settings: 20
- The GSB 120-LI has a reliable, durable life span due to its 12V battery voltage, and 1.5Ah battery compatibility.
- It is multipurpose and can be used from drilling, down to hammering either metals, woods, and so on. So if you’re looking at a versatile driller to pick, this should undoubtedly be your choice.
- It has a keyless chuck that can be quickly closed or open, without causing any form of stress when trying to change any accessories in the appliance.
- It has a swift and responsive planetary gearbox that helps in making screw driving and drilling processes easy and smooth.
- It also comes with the advantage of having to regulate the degree of speed you want. In other words, you can control how slow or fast they drill or screw in materials.
- It is very comfortable to grip, thanks to its new invented SoftGrip technology.
- It has a durability problem, primarily when used more than 8-10 months.
- It has a limited screwing power, which is why it’s not suitable for screwing in lengthy screws.
- The plastic casing is sometimes a bit flimsy, has a low quality, and does break off piece by piece as time goes on.
- The chucks loosen up quickly, especially after drilling between 3-4 holes.
In a nutshell, Bosch Professional is a top-notch driller that has amassed a good amount of reputation over the years for its efficiency in delivering high-quality drilling/hammering service. However, if after purchasing yours, you get to discover anything you don’t like about it, or perhaps something is broken, you can contact them either for an exchange or repair, and they will do just that. Screwing, drilling, and hammering doesn’t get any easier than when being done with the use of Bosch GSB 120-LI Professional.