If you are a professional craftsperson or are looking for a perfect tool for heavy-duty drilling, impact drilling, and screw driving operations, a cordless drill driver wouldn’t be right for you. You should be considering a corded, pneumatic driver with enough power for those operations. In this article, we will review the Bosch GSB 1600 RE impact drill.
We know that buying a Bosch tool means there is an assurance on the product’s quality and construction- being that its manufacturer is a reputable brand. However, we will evaluate the product’s performance and features as well as how they compare to competitors. So, at the end of this article, you should be certain whether this device is your ideal option or you should look elsewhere.
GSB 1600 RE is the most compact and powerful Bosch impact drill in its class. The device’s application limits to only drilling, impact drilling, and hammering action. Yet, being mains-powered, this impact percussion drill works powerfully on wood, metal, plastic, and masonry. It delivers a maximum no-load speed of 3000rpm from its high-power, 700W motor sufficient for heavy-duty operation and a low-weight, compact design for comfortable handling.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Power and Speed: With its robust and powerful 700w superior-quality motor, the device delivers up to 3000rpm no-load speed and a maximum impact rate of 48000bpm. This impact rate and speed along with its high-power motor enable the tool to operate efficiently on a variety of materials. Its maximum drilling diameters are 16mm in concrete, 12mm in steel, 18mm in concrete, and 30mm in wood.
- Design and build quality: Although powerful and suitable for heavy-duty operations, the designers of this device fit all of those into a lightweight, compact body. The tool measures 295mm in length 195mm in height and 1,9kg in weight. This is more compact and lighter than most competitors; thus, allowing you easily handle the tool effectively and comfortably work for longer hours.
The body of the machine is coated with soft-grip rubber covering to add extra comfort along with giving users a firm grip of the tool. Even more, the device’s spindle diameter measures the European standard 43mm. So, it is compatible with common drill stands.
- Precise Control: This impact drill has both a forward and reverse rotation alongside a setting wheel for preselecting speeds to suit drilling operations on different materials. There is also an electronic control that makes it suitable for precise pilot hole drilling. Hence, you can always have full control of the operation as well as a professional finish on your projects.
- Ease of use: Certainly, the device comes in a design suitable for professional use. Yet, its user-friendliness was not compromised. In other words, you really do not have to be a professional craftsperson to know how to use this tool. By simply reading the operational manual and following the safety instructions also, you will successfully carry out your DIY projects with this machine. More so, the designers also equipped the tool with features to further improve its ease of use. First, the machine comes with a metal quick-change chuck with 13mm maximum capacity for easy, keyless bit-changing and a professional quality on your projects.
|Dimension||29.5 x 19.5cm (L x H)|
|Maximum chuck capacity||13mm|
|Drill Spindle Connecting Thread||0.5 – 20UNF|
|Maximum speed||3000 RPM|
|Maximum Impact Rate||48000 bpm|
Bosch provides a 2-year guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee for this tool.
- Compact, lightweight, and ergonomic design with soft-grip covering provides excellent handling and comfortable handling
- Sturdy, long-lasting, and superior-grade construct
- Metal quick-change chuck (13mm max) for an easy and quick change of bits
- Speed preselection with setting level
- Excellent overall performance
- Forward/reverse rotation
- European standard (43mm) spindle collar is suitable in drill stands
- A bit pricey
Recommendation and Buying Option
The Bosch GSB 1600 RE impact drill meets the highest standards for power, versatility, and precision. It is suitable for professional users with heavy-duty tasks and high requirements on performance and durability. Still, it comes in a user-friendly construct that even novice craftsmen will find easy and efficient to use.
So, if you are a professional seeking for a robust tool for impact drilling, drilling, and screw driving, this device is an excellent option to consider. However, if you’re keen on more versatility you can check out our Bosch PBH 2100 RE Rotary Hammer review.