Power screw-driving and drilling tasks for your DIY tasks isn’t so much a hard exercise anymore- thanks to the rise of handheld drilling tools. These devices have gone through so many modifications own the years and now provide efficient driving and drilling at the least possible human effort required. In this article,our focus is the Hi-Spec DT30327B-AUK – a 50 piece 12V Li-ion drill driver.
In our detailed evaluation of the appliance, you will find out the device features, power, standout ability over competitors, design defaults or weakness, and much more. Is this power drill driver best suited for your home, office, or workshop? You will get to know as you read.
This device is a leading product of the Hi-Spec Powertool brand. The brand aims at engineering tools with the highest standards and component materials with extreme user-friendliness so anyone regardless of skill and experience can use it. Hi-Spec products standout for their perfect combination of usability, power, durability, and most importantly safety.
DT30327B-AUK doesn’t stand aloof the reputation the manufacturer already has. In fact, this drill driver and multi-bit set was designed for drilling or screwing into soft metal, wood, plastic materials, and light masonry. It combines various excellent features like the two-speed control switch, 20Nm drilling torque, variable speed trigger, and more for home, office, and workshop DIY projects.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Driving Speed:This drill driver has a maximum speed of 1359rpm and a minimum of 350rpm. It features a two-speed control for switching between both speeds and a variable speed trigger. This variable speed trigger allows for more user-controlled, precise screw driving, or rapid speed drilling speeds.
If you are familiar with drill driving with power tools, you may have over-tightened screws or over-drilled into work materials. Well, it is almost impossible to experience this common problem with this device. Specifically, the appliance comes with the 18+1 torque slip control ring to effectively deal with such issues.
- Battery and Drilling Power: Because this tool’s power comes from its 1300mAH battery, you can enjoy cordless freedom and reach on to constrained and awkward work areas. This battery has about 3 to 5 hours charge time and a runtime of 1 hour, delivering powers of up to 20Nm for driving and drilling into 4mm thick metals, wood, plastics, and masonry.
- Build: As with other top-quality drill drivers, this tool comes with a hardened plastic body coated with rubber to both provide a firm grip of the piece and reduce the damage when it falls.
The driver bits of the DT30327B-AUK are of Chromium-Vanadium steel alloy for hardness and rust resistance. Its titanium coating on the high-speed steel bits reduces the drilling friction and increases its durability. The carbon steel brad point wood drill bits come with centering tips and sharpened edges to cut and churn materials cleanly and quickly. Lastly, its masonry bits have Tungsten-carbide tips to break through soft bricks and ceramics.
- Comfort: Working for long hours or under unfriendly environments increase the risk of accidents. While this drill driver may not shorten your work time, its thoughtful design helps to make you less enervated from your work. First, the machine has a contoured (ergonomic) grip handle that is both easy to hold and provides a firm grip of the device. The integrated keyless chuck allows you to change the bit quickly and easily by a simple rotation of the driver’s head. Lastly, there is an LED light in front of the tool to provide illumination.
|Dimension||25.5 x 26 x 10cm|
|Maximum speed||1350 RPM|
|Number of pieces||50|
|Included components||Carry case, Battery, Drill, charger, 50 piece accessory kit|
|Included Battery||Yes (1300mAh Li-ion battery)|
Hi-Spec provides a 24-month quality warranty on this product. There is also a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lightweight design
- Ergonomic grip handles
- Sturdy construct
- Great value for its price
- Easy and convenient to use
- Excellent overall performance
- 20Nm drilling power is relatively small compared to competitors
- Not fit for heavy, intense, commercial use
Recommendation And Buying Option
Overall, the Hi-Spec DT30327B-AUK is an affordable, highly efficient, drill driver with fairly powerful features but enough to handle home, office, and workshop DIY projects. Although the device is quite tame in power delivery, its 50 piece drill sets provide versatility and reduced cost from buying these sets separately.