If you are on the market looking for a drill, you should prioritize quality, versatility, durability, and efficiency. These are very important things a tool you wish to buy whether for home or professional use must-have. One name that is known to make top quality drills is Makita.
They are a name many people look for when buying something powerful whether in their local DIY store or online. One of their stand out power tools is the Makita DHR202Z drill which has received plenty of positive reviews from customers because of its fantastic features.
Features Of The DHR202Z
- Cordless drill – When it comes to cords, you either love them or you hate them. The absence of a cord on this power tool means it runs on batteries and doesn’t need to be plugged into a power source. You don’t have to worry about accidentally tripping on wires while working which is a welcome relief for some DIYers who are not massive fans of wires getting in the way of their work.
- Chisel, hammer, and drill – This power tool acts as a chisel, drill, and hammer at the same time. There is no need for you to buy a separate tool for each task since this one does it all. The chisel is very special because it can rotate 360 degrees which are very impressive and can access up to 40 different positions. Not many tools on the market today can offer you this level of versatility which is one of the perks of this tool.
- One-touch sliding chuck function – When it comes to switching bits on some tools, it can be tricky and can slow you down if you want to get things done quickly. This is a wonderful feature that allows you to switch bits with ease.
- Built-in torque limiter – There is no denying that working with power tools can be dangerous. Plenty of people across the world suffer from injuries at the hands of a power tool. This feature will automatically stop the machine each time it jams to ensure you don’t have to worry about getting hurt. Not only are you safe, but anyone around you will also be safe.
- Uses 18V Li-ion batteries – As pointed above, since this tool is cordless, you need batteries to use it. The Makita DHR202Z uses 18V LI-ion batteries. When compared with other batteries on the market, these are known to last longer and weigh less.
- Ergonomic shape – A lot of work goes into the design of a power tool to ensure it is not only safe to use but comfortable at the same time. The shape of the Makita DHR202Z makes it an easy tool to use. It is a very comfortable tool to hold when performing your tasks because of the rubber grips. These ensure you have a solid grip without having to worry about it slipping from your hands.
- LED light and lightweight – Working in a dark or poorly lit room is never easy but this tool comes equipped with an LED light. It lets you illuminate your working area so that you can see what you’re doing. At just 3.5 kgs, this power tool is lightweight when compared to others. Both professional and casual DIYerswill find this tool very easy to use and portable since it’s cordless.
- Impressive speed – It’s speed is there because of the BPM and RPM function it has. On top of that, it has forward/ reverse action, electric blades, and a three-mode function that ensures you drill without breaking a sweat.
- Versatility and control – You can use this tool to drill through concrete, steel, wood and, it offers you a tremendous amount of control and flexibility.
- Don’t come with accessories – If you want extra accessories to use on this power tool, you have to purchase them separately.
- Doesn’t come with a battery and charger – as with extra accessories you might want, this tool doesn’t come with a charger or batteries.
Even though Makita DHR202Z doesn’t come with batteries or accessories, it is a fantastic hammer drill. You can use it as a chisel, hammer, and drill without having to worry about fatigue or injury thanks to its ergonomic design. It is very comfortable to use and epitomizes why Makita is a brand many people trust when it comes to power tools.