A cordless angle grinder is a vital addition to your tool kit for both DIYers and professional artisans. So, if you’re looking for one our Bosch AdvancedGrind 18 angle grinder review is a good place to start.
Bosch powertools come in three broad categories based on their intended purpose- Easy, Universal and Advanced. Easy, as the name implies, are for simple, light use and Advanced; for heavy-duty use. Universal sits somewhere in between and provides a mix of both worlds.
In this review, you will get an all-rounded piece of information and evaluation of this machine’s performance, build-quality, exceptional features and functions as well as its limitations. We are confident that in the end, you should be able to make accurate purchase decisions.
AdvancedGrind 18 is Bosch most powerful grinder in its class. The machine features a powerful motor that makes robust enough for a variety of task ranging from grinding, brushing, cutting and polishing jobs on stone, concrete, tiles, and sheet metal. This device perfectly bends power with control by allowing you to select the speed of the disc to meet the needs of each job and material. Other excellent features and functions guarantee optimum user safety, long machine lifespan and extreme convenience.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Brushless Motor Technology: The hallmark of cordless rotating power tools is the advanced drive system -the brushless technology- and this tool comes with an 18V powerful brushless motor to tackle a wide range of DIY tasks.
Brushless motor system offers more superiority than the brushed counterparts in power, torque and energy efficiency. More so, they eliminate maintenance costs from lubrication as well as overheating and friction because of its lesser number moving parts. Overall, more efficiency, lifespan, power and less maintenance.
- Variable Speed Option: Many grinders allow for one speed setting for all job. The disadvantage of this system is that you may not get the best finish, cut or energy efficiency when working on different jobs or workpieces with different materials. Unlike those, this machine allows you to preselect speeds relative to the task or workpiece. Its no-load speed range is between 2800 to 11500rpm. With that, it can offerbetter energy efficiency, along with more precise cuts and finishing.
- Soft Start Function: When a grinder jumps into action with its highest speed, there will be a massive risk of losing grip and making a mistake. There is also an increase in the possibility of a power overload. So, this tool comes with the Soft Start feature that lets it gradually increase its power until the spindle reaches its full speed. Hence, providing a comfortable, safe and more controlled working experience.
- Ergonomic Handles: The Bosch AdvancedGrind 18 comes with a slim body and weight of only 1.7kg. Yet, asides from its slim body and lightweight constructit also features a rubber over-mould body that allows for a more firm but comfortable grip on the tool. The handles were designed to fit perfectly in any of its available two-position for better control,balance, and comfort.
- Additional Functions: This Bosch grinder comes with specially designed quick clamping nut for easy and fast tool-free change of disc. It also features an advanced brake function that halts the disc smoothly when the tool is switched off.
|Dimension||11.6 x 39 x 14.9 cm|
|Speed range||2800 – 11500rpm|
|Maximum Impact Rate||5800 bpm|
|Included Component||Clamping Nut, Mounting Flange, Quick Adjust Protection Guard, and Spanner Wrench.|
Like every other Bosch power tools, this device comes with a 3-year limited warranty. However, this guarantee only applies if the owner registers the machine within four weeks of purchase. You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supplied witha Quick Adjust protection guard
- Superb brake function for smooth disc halt
- Electronic speed selection
- Excellent overall performance
- Sturdy construction with a long-lasting ability
- Sold as a bare tool
- Power consuming
Recommendation and Purchase Option
There is hardly any design or performance flaw to this machine asides its power consumption. However, this drawback can be avoided if you get a 4.0Ah or 6.0Ah battery. So, all in all, Bosch AdvancedGrind 18 delivers excellent overall performance, superior-grade construct, superb warranty and also gets our full recommendation for purchase.