DeWALT is a high-end manufacturer and leader in the powertool industry. So, if you’re looking for a top-quality angle grinder for your DIY projects, you can start by reading our DeWALT DCG405FN-XJ angle grinder review.
So, what should you expect from this article? A detailed, unbiased appraisal of the machine’s overall performance, its standout features and function, its build quality and possible limitations.
We expect that in the end, you should be able to make accurate and precise purchase decisions after comparing what the product has to offer with your preference and needs.
The DCG405FN Overview
DCG405FN-XJ is a reasonably powerful angle grinder equipped with Gold-Tone features only common to its manufacturer. The machine features a unique flat head design that lets it reach acute angles and a powerful, advance drive system for precise and powerful operation.
Many functions make this product an ideal pick for DIYers but among its best is the 3-position side handle rather than the standard 2-position available on competitive products and its advanced braking system. There are other useful features that all combine to guarantee robust work operation with the best user-experience and safety.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Brushless, Air-Cooled Motor: The DCG405FN-XJ comes with the advanced brushless drive system that provides more power and energy efficiency than the brushed counterpart. Yet, it features a unique design that further sets it apart from competitive products. First, the machine comes with a mesh cover for motor protection that restricts dust from being sucked through the motor.
Its 18V brushless drive system provides output comparable to an 800W grinder. The machine does not support preselection of speed but will deliver up to 9000rpm with no load.
- Soft Start Function: This option serves as a safety mechanism to both users and the machine. When a device blasts at full speed on startup, you may lose grip of it, it can grind/cut through your workpiece wrongly or probably experience a power surge. To avoid all of those, this tool comes with a Soft Start option that, as the name implies. Allows the device to start softly- at low speed and power, and then increase this power and speed gradually.
- Advanced Braking System: One of the most standout functions on this device is its superb braking system that can halt the disc rotation in two seconds. This brake system is this powerful because of its Anti-Rotation E-Clutch System with Kickback function. This system lets the electronic brake system engage with maximum force in approximately a tenth of a second when a stall, pinch or bind-up effect is sensed. The function does well to reduce the disc movement and shut the grinder off quickly.
- Power Loss Reset: This feature prevents an accidental restart of your device caused when there is a power disruption, and your tool is in the “on” position.
- Additional Functions: With the POWER-OFF overload protection, this Dewalt device cannot overheat. The system automatically shuts-off the machine and will not come on until the parts reach the normal working temperature again. Thus, increasing your machine’s overall health and lifespan.
- Ergonomic Handles: With regards to motor power and speed as well as the quality of cutting/grinding discs, a grinder’s overall performance significantly depends on its handling. So, this tool features rubber overmould on its handles to give users a firm and comfortable grip. The overmould also prevents vibrations from being transferred to the user when the machine is operating.
|Dimension||13 x 36 x 14 cm|
|Included Component||1 Position Side Handle, 1 Keyless Protective Guard. And 1 Blade Wrench.|
This tool has a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supplied with a side handle
- Comes in a flat head design for access to acute angles
- Advanced braking system
- Superb cutting and grinding performance
- No variable speed option
- Bare tool
Recommendation and Purchase Option
Suppose you’re seeking for a top-quality tool for grinding, polishing, cutting and brushing metal, concrete, tile, or stone and do not necessarily need manual control of its speed. In that case, the DeWALT DCG405FN-XJ angle grinder is an excellent choice. Although it offers a little less speed than other product within its price range, its overall performance is top-notched.