A good quality planer in the arms of a skilled person can turn workout and rugged wood into a work of art ready to be used on various projects. It is one of the most important machines you can own in your arsenal making it very important to pick the right one. Adding the Dewalt DWE4206 to your collection is one of the wisest decisions you can make because the features it brings to the table are top quality.
The DWE4206 Key Features
- Ergonomic design – Endurance varies from person to person and while some have a good level of it, some people tire quickly when they are using power tools. The ergonomic design of this tool eliminates fatigue and extends your use time since it is super lightweight at just 1kg.
- Impressive dust control system – Exposing your power tool’s motor to too much dust and debris can cause it to malfunction. When this happens, you will need to purchase a brand tool planer because finding the parts and getting it repaired is very costly. The Dewalt DWE4206 has what is known as a dust ejection system. This prevents dust and debris from entering the motor which can cause damage.
- Compact tool – The planers sold on the market vary in dimensions and size. This is why you need to be careful and look at the length of your work station and how much space you have before you splash the cash on a planer. Sometimes DIYers and professionals find themselves working in areas that are very tight and confined. This can make it difficult to produce clean and crisp results on your wood. In such scenarios, you need a very compact tool. This planer offers you compactness which enables you to work in tight environments or rooms comfortably without feeling restricted.
- Low vibrations – It is extremely hard to find a power tool that doesn’t vibrate. Finding one that emits little vibration is like hitting the jackpot however, those tend to be very expensive just like the Dewalt DWE4206. Dewalt did an excellent job in making sure that this tool doesn’t vibrate too much when you’re working on wooden surfaces thanks to the anti-vibration side handle.
- Durability – Manufacturers these days know that if they don’t give users power tools that are durable, their reputation is on the line. To ensure that you use it for more than a few weeks, the manufacturers used some very strong materials so that it can withstand any job you perform.
- Bring old wood to life – This wonderful tool enables you to recycle wood that looks like it has seen better days into something usable and of good quality. You can even it on the roughest and most uneven wood.
- Doesn’t need batteries – This planer is one of many that you can buy that doesn’t require or need any batteries. All you need to do is plug into a power socket and begin using it however, the presence of wires shouldn’t be ignored as they cause a lot of accidents.
- Easy to store – DIYers and professionals who have plenty of power tools at home might be worried about storage space before they pick this one up. The good news is this planer is not very big and will fit it together with the rest of your tools because it will not take up a lot of space. Whether it is in your workshop or your garage, Dewalt made sure that you won’t have issues finding room when you buy their tool.
- Expensive tool for some people – Even though the price of this tool is modest, it provides you with cuts that are precise and reliable compared to other premier models. If you want to save some money, this is the model to buy.
The Dewalt DWE4206 is a tool that you can expect to use for a very long time as long as you look after it. While certain tools will start to show dents when pushed to the limit, you will not see any of that with this tool because it is durable and strong. You will see the best of this tool when you use it for what it’s intended for. While it will not perform well when used daily by professionals, it will certainly come in handy when performing light DIY projects.