For the very fact that we are all exposed to the occurrence of any unforeseen circumstance, you might just be travelling, and all of a sudden, your car’s tire wheels loosen out. In other words, while travelling, you should have an impact wrench at the back of your trunk. And I’m not just talking about some ordinary tool that you won’t be able to rely on, but the DeWalt DCF880N-XJ precisely. Ever heard of this tool before? If not, then come with me as I take you through the world of this incredible impact wrench.
This cordless DeWalt 18-volt tool is ideal for frequent fastener use, and also perfect for bolts, wheels, nuts, coach screws and trade applications. It has a high torque of 203 Newton meters which to me, is a phenomenal torque for the size of this tool. Furthermore, it forms part of the DeVault XR tool select range, where all the XR batteries are compatible, and interchangeable amongst all the devices in the range. So, you can chop, and change as you wish from tool to tool.
Now the DCF880N-XJ is often sold as a bare tool, that is, in the batteries are always sold separately. However, if you’re ever lost and wish to find out more about these XR lithium-ion batteries, don’t worry about that, as any lithium-ion battery will work correctly. So, with a maximum impact rate of 2,700 IPM, this wrench senses when to engage the rotational impacts, therefore driving in fasteners quicker, and easier. The DeWalt wrench only weighs one kilo without the battery, and it has a half-inch bit holder with a detent on the top, to hold your sockets in tight and stopping it from coming off when in use. Once you clip that into place, it will automatically become secure and firm.
In addition to that, it has a pressure-sensitive trigger for speeds varying up to 2,300 rpm. It can be easily controlled while moving forward, and when in reverse. It also has a handy belt clip and three LEDs that stay on for 20 seconds, illuminating your work area. It comes with the DeWalt t stack or box, which is ideal to a standard harsh working environment. Overall, this unit is sturdy and feels great in hand. Now, let’s take a look at the specifications that this amazing impact wrench has to offer, before moving to discuss the pros and cons.
- The DeWalt tool has the latest generation 18V XR Li-Ion that sometimes comes with an XR 4.0Ah Li-Ion battery technology.
- It has an ultra-compact, lightweight, body that permits for its usage in confined spaces.
- It has a bright white LED ring with delay feature for enhanced visibility and flashlight functionality.
- Intelligent trigger allowing total control over all applications.
- Improved ergonomic design and rubber grip increase comfort and provide greater application control.
- An all-Metal gearing that enhances efficient power transmission, and durability.
- An aluminium front housing which helps in heat dispersion, thus increasing motor life.
- Part of the intelligent XR Lithium Ion Series. It is designed for efficiency and making applications faster.
- The DCF880N-XJ Comes with a three years’ warranty in case anything goes haywire.
- It is light in weight and can be used in a confined space.
- It has an intelligent trigger that gives the user full control of the tool while using it.
- Disperses heat through its aluminium coating sheet.
- It is wireless.
- Has an efficient power gearing which is made possible from its all-metal gears.
- Has a smooth and comfortable grip for users.
- The warranty is often not honoured.
- It’s relatively durable.
- It has a power issue that causes the tool to work sometimes and become unresponsive in some cases.
In a nutshell, having an impact wrench around can help save you a lot of stress especially when trying to fix some batteries, car wheels, and the host of other things you can do with that tool. However, if you’re to rely on a tool, it should be one worthy of your trust. Put differently, if you’re looking for high quality, and reliable machine, after weighing the pros against the cons, It’d be ideal to make the DeWalt DCF880N-XJ your choice.