When it comes to nail guns, one of the biggest names in the industry is Dewalt. When you first look at a Dewalt nail gun, there are so many things that stand out like the design, performance, and power it brings. These are things that many customers have come to expect from their tools. The guns they make are comfortable to hold and you can tell that it is made by an industry leader that has plenty of experience in making power tools.
Dewalt has released so many nail guns over the years which are available for purchase on the UK market. Even though some share similar features or built on some of the foundations laid down by previous models in their class, they are all different in their own right. This article will look at 5 of the top nail guns Dewalt has made in recent years that need to be on your radar.
Dewalt Nailers: Our Top 5
1. Dewalt DCN660N-XJ Brushless Framing Nailer
If you are on the lookout for something that has the technology to provide you with an amazing nailing experience, look no further than this Dewalt nail gun. One of the best things about this tool is the brushless motor which offers you an impressive runtime and longevity. It helps keep the nailer cool while you’re using it, preventing issues like overheating.
The ergonomic design makes it very comfortable to hold and use for a long time without feeling tired or strained. You can use it at home or construction sites because it is very durable plus you don’t have to worry about running costs since it is mechanical. You can fire up to 4 nails per second with this Dewalt tool and it is easy to adjust the setting making you more productive. The main issue with this nailer is all you’re buying here is the unit.
This is not the full product and any other accessories you might want, need to be purchased separately adding to the cost. The manual which comes with can also cause issues for those who are handling a power tool like this one for the first time. Many people overlook these issues because they are minor because of the features mentioned above. Lastly, it has a trigger and contact trip lock-off which prevents injuries, and when it jammed, you don’t need tools to unjam it.
- Incredible lightweight and compact design which makes the Dewalt nail gun very easy to use for a long period as well as in tight spaces.
- Impressive speed that fires 4 nails per second for better efficiency
- Doesn’t need any extra tools like spinners and screwdrivers to fix it when it’s jammed
- Very durable and able to withstand heavy-duty jobs since it is made from strong materials
- Very easy to store when you finish working on your task because it won’t take up plenty of space
- Consistent performer and isn’t limited to just home use. It can be used at construction sites as well which add an extra layer of versatility to this nailer
- Has a safety mechanism that prevents injuries from happening because so many people in the UK suffer from injuries at the hands of power tools like this one
- This unit comes bare and you need to purchase the rest of the accessories separately which adds to the cost of the tool.
- The user manual can be hard to understand for people with less experience. If you’re having any issues, you are better off looking up videos online.
2. DEWALT DEWDPN1850PP Brad Nailers & Pinner
When one goes through the reviews of this product, it is clear to see that from a performance point of view, many users are pleased with it based on reviews. The quality of this Dewalt nail gun is excellent and its design ensures you will have it in your possession for many years.
The Dewalt nail gun can hold up to 500 nails at once which helps you get your work done quicker. There is no maintenance to worry about, your accuracy is laser-sharp thanks to the 80% nose tip reduction and best of all, when it jams, there’s no need for extra tools. You don’t have to invest in things like spinners and screwdrivers.
Since this Dewalt nailer only weighs 2.56 kg, using it on heavy-duty jobs is not recommended. Anything light to medium-sized jobs you have at home can be performed using this nailer with ease. You might want to purchase a much more powerful model if you have heavy-duty tasks because if this Dewalt nailer breaks, it’s parts are hard to find. You will have a huge task on your hands trying to find parts for this nailer nevertheless, its benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
- Easy to adjust controls for better precision on any material you’re working on making you finish your tasks faster than most tools
- A very comfortable nailer to hold and work with for long hours because it only weighs 2.56 kgs
- It will not take up a lot of storage space thanks to its amazing design and you can travel by making it portable friendly
- It doesn’t have any marking tips like most tools which minimize the damage caused to materials you’re working on
- A great nail gun for both DIYer enthusiasts and professionals who can comfortably use it without any problems or add it to their tool collection
- The nailer is only suitable for light to medium-sized jobs at home. Using it on heavy-duty problems is not recommended as the tool will not perform well. It is not designed to handle projects at job sites.
- The spare parts of this Dewalt tool are some of the hardest to find on the UK market. You might have to buy a new one if it breaks or stops working.
3. DeWalt DCN692N-XJ Framing Nailer
While so many tools on the UK market are made from cheap materials, you will not be let down on the reliability of this Dewalt nail gun, because it is built like a tank. It will hold its own against tough material and heavy usage without showing signs of damage.
Just like every other Dewalt nailer on this list, this one is equally as fantastic because it doesn’t vibrate a lot nor make noise. This nailer has a dry fire lockout which prevents the nailer from firing accidentally. It also has a reversible rafter which makes this Dewalt nailer easy to travel with. The one thing that divides options when it comes to this tool is the price.
Like many Dewalt power tools on the market, the price this one is sold at is very high. This is to be expected when one chooses to buy a nailer from a company that has built a good reputation for themselves for delivering top quality and high performing tools.
- The longevity of this product is something you will never question because it is designed for both tough tasks at job sites as well as use at home.
- Does not vibrate or make a lot of noise allowing you to focus solely on your work which makes you more productive
- Ergonomic design for prolonged use without feeling tired which tends to happen if you’re working with a very heavy tool
- Doesn’t need any tools to fix it when it jams which enables you to carry on with your work uninterrupted
- The cordless design means no wires getting in your way while you’re working on tasks preventing potential trips and falls
- Very easy tool to store whether it is at home or work because of its reasonable dimensions
- Those who are less experienced with power tools will find this Dewalt nailer bulky and heavy to use.
- Those looking for a cheaper model need to look elsewhere because the price of this tool might put them off buying it
4. Dewalt DCN682N Cordless Flooring Stapler
There are so many reasons why you should have this product on your shopping list when looking for power tools. This Dewalt nail gun is very powerful, comfortable, strong, and rugged. It is one of the best all-rounded tools you can buy.
It has a great brushless motor for an amazing runtime and the ergonomic design makes it comfortable to use for a long period. If your tasks put you in a confined space, the compact design of this nailer will ensure you perform your tasks without feeling restricted.
Just like the first Dewalt nail gun on this list, this one also can fire 4 nails per second for maximum production. It also offers users a low running cost since it isn’t powered by fuel or gas. Just like the model above this one is very expensive as well and those with a limited budget need to look at cheaper brands.
- Tasks are performed quickly thanks to its ability to fire 4 nails per second
- An amazing compact design that allows you to work in tight space without feeling restricted m
- Ideal for both beginners and professionals because it is very easy to use and comfortable to hold for a long period.
- The strong materials it is made from make it durable enough to withstand any harsh conditions without showing any wear and tear like most inferior tools
- Since this is a high-end model nailer from Dewalt, you can expect to pay a lot of money to afford it. This is one of the most expensive nailers in the UK market.
5. DeWalt DCN692P2-GB Framing Nailer
This Dewalt nail gun comes with two 5Ah batteries which give it a massive advantage over those that require customers to buy them separately on top of an impressive run time. You don’t have to worry about spending money on things like fuel or gas to get this tool to work.
Brushless motor technology is installed in this Dewalt nail gun which brings so many advantages. One of them includes preventing the machine from overheating while in use, stops unnecessary discharge, and more. The good thing about battery-powered tools is you are not limited to a set space.
You have the freedom to move around while you work and can use them in confined spaces but you need to handle it with care because it’s bulky. If you’re not careful you can easily hurt yourself but as long as you take all the safety precautions, you should be able to use it safely.
- Comes with two 5 Ah batteries meaning you don’t have to spend money and time buying or looking for new batteries
- It has a very good run time which allows you to work for longer
- There are no wires in the way which minimizes the risk of injuries, offer you more freedom and you don’t have to worry about smell
- Durable and strong, making this Dewalt tool well equipped to deal with a variety of jobs without any dents
- A very comfortable tool to use for a long time without feeling tired
- The first major drawback is you don’t get unlimited power as you get with corded tools. You always have to make sure your work is done before the run time is up and the tool needs to be placed on its charger.
- If you don’t have plenty of storage space in your home or workshop, it is worth skipping this tool because it will take up plenty of space.
Overall Dewalt nail guns are high-powered tools that run smoothly and give you value for money. The level of performance is exactly what you’d expect from a well-known brand. All of the tools mentioned above are good for both DIYers and professionals who have jobs at home or job sites. They are very comfortable and safe to use thanks to their compact design however, one needs to be careful when using the DeWalt 18V Li-Ion Cordless Brushless 90mm Framing Nailer. This nailer is bulkier than any other on the list and can cause injuries if users are not careful.
All of the tools above are an excellent purchase for anyone because they offer accuracy and speed as well.