If you are a DIYer or a busy tradesman, you want a nail gun that’s comfortable to use, powerful, and give you excellent results. The Tacwise 140-180EL gives you that and more thanks to a variety of incredible features. One of its stand out features is the rechargeable 12V lithium-ion battery. This battery has a great running time and if you have other Tacwise tools, this battery can be used on all of them without the need of purchasing a new one.
Since the tool is cordless, there is no need for you to worry about wires while you work because those can sometimes cause trips and falls. The LED light allows you to see in dark areas and increases your accuracy even if you’re a beginner. Its wonderful design makes it easy for you to switch between nailing and stapling with ease. Below is a detailed look at some of its best features as well as its pros and cons.
- Bottom loading design – This allows you to switch effortlessly between nails and staples.
- Safety contact nose – This incredible feature offers both bump firing as well as single shots adding an extra layer of versatility not found on many tools.
- LED light – This light has two purposes and the first one is to ensure you get precise nailing and stapling every time you pick up the tool. The second purpose is it lets you see clearly when you’re working in a poorly lit room.
- Rechargeable battery – The rechargeable 12V lithium-ion battery is interchangeable with other Tacwise 12V tools and this means if you already have Tacwise accessories, you can use this battery. The charging cable plugs directly into the battery which makes using this tool very easy without the need for a bulky charging dock.
- Amazing accessories – Buying this 140-180EL power tool means you also get a wonderful neoprene storage bag, a UK mains charger with an additional Euro plug adapter, 200pcs x 140/8mm staples, and 200 pieces x 180/10mm nails
- Easy to store – 140-180EL has a handy belt hook that makes it easy for you to store it in your storage room or garage without having to worry about space.
- Durable – This tool can hold its own even when put under the strain of various projects. The strong materials this gun is made from means you are guaranteed to have it in your storage box for a long time because its body can withstand various jobs and punishments.
- Excellent run time – The 12V lithium-ion battery lasts long enough for you to get your projects done before charging. It can be frustrating if you have to charge a battery often however, the manufacturers made sure that users get an excellent run time.
- Ergonomic design – The manufacturers ensured this tool is ergonomically designed to reduce strain and fatigue on people who intend to use it for long periods.
- Cheaper option – Nail guns don’t come cheap and prices vary depending on features. This tool offers you amazing features at a reduced cost. You don’t have to break the bank to afford this tool.
- Can sometimes jam – There have been a few people who have reported that this tool jams on them after use and unjamming it is a nightmare. If you’re not an expert with nail guns, this will be a source of frustration if it happens often.
- Needs to be charged – Just like any other cordless tool on the market that runs on a battery, it has to be charged. This can be seen as a drawback for people who are used to the unlimited power supply offered by cordless tools.
Overall the Tacwise 140-180EL is a reasonably powerful and ergonomic tool that provides a high level of accuracy thanks to features like the LED light and top quality accessories. The rechargeable 12V lithium-ion battery gives users an excellent runtime and is compatible with other Tacwise tools you might have in your toolbox. This makes it cost-effective plus it is designed for various staple lengths without any adjustment. If you are a busy tradesman and enthusiastic DIYer, you shouldn’t think twice about purchasing this product because it has everything you need to get light jobs done.