The Bosch GHO 18 V-LI has gained a lot of admiration from users ever since it hit the market thanks to its powerful motor, lightweight ergonomic design, and compactness. It offers users a clean-cut as well as a smooth finish. Blade changing is very quick and you don’t have to worry about wires getting in the way of your work since it uses batteries. Below is a look at the rest of the features that this planer has.
- Comfortable – Weighing just 2.6 kgs, this GHO 18 V-LI planer is very easy to work with and is robust enough to be used by both professionals and DIYers. The ergonomic hand it has and the small dimensions reduce fatigue while increasing comfort.
- Quick blade change – This feature allows you to change blades fast without causing interruptions while you work and the wood chip clearance works amazingly well and can be directed to the right or left.
- Motor brake – This allows you to put the planer down safely when you’re finished using it or not using it at all.
- Long battery life – The batteries that are used on this planer have what is known as the Bosch CoolPack system. This stops the tools from overheating, gives you a good runtime, and prolongs the life of the planer.
- Powerful planer – What gives a planer the strength to be able to perform is a good motor. It has a strong motor that drives speeds of 14,000 RPM which enables you to power through projects with ease. You will be amazed at how easy you’ll get your work done with this tool in your hand.
- Highly precise – You can set the depth of your cut to between 0 and 1.6 mm. The rebating depth of this planer is between 0 and 8 mm.
- Quality tool – Durable and sharp, the tungsten carbide reversible blades found on this tool offers a clean-cut and a smooth finish even if you’ve never used a planer before.
- Trusted brand name: Bosch is not a newcomer when it comes to making power tools. They have been in the industry for many years and customers know them for their quality products. This planer is filled with amazing features and delivers top quality results. This is what customers know they will get when they buy a tool from a trusted name like Bosch.
- Strong build – The body of the GHO 18 V-LI is made out of very strong materials that prolong its lifespan even if you use it frequently. You will not see any signs of wear and tear for a long time because it is very durable.
- Electronic Cell Protection – Batteries of power tools can get damaged due to overloading, overheating, or total discharge. To stop this from happening, it comes with CoolPack batteries featuring Electronic Cell Protection (ECP). Electronic Cell Protection or ECP for short together with the CoolPack cooling technology found in this tool can considerably extend battery lifetime. This allows you to use the tool for a very long time before you have to charge it.
- Bosch 18 V Battery Compatibility – You can choose batteries based on weight or run time depending on what you prefer. The good news is this tool is also compatible with all 18 V, 1.5 to 6.0 Ah units. Good news for anyone who already has one of these at home.
- Some other accessories are sold separately – Any extra accessories that you may need to insert in this tool to be able to use it, need to be purchased separately. The manufacturer doesn’t provide you with them which is one of the major downsides of buying this tool.
- Highly-priced tool – Power tools vary in price depending on features and brand. Since this tool has so many features, it will be hard to find it being sold at a low price. It is an expensive investment for people who are low on funds however, what you get in return is a tool fit for purpose.
Overall the Bosch GHO 18 V-LI is a well-made compact planer that offers you a high level of performance and durability. Its ergonomic design means it is very easy to handle, comfortable, and reduces fatigue. To ensure you’re safe while you work, there is a motor brake and the sharp blades give you a smooth surface quality that is better than most models on the market.