Bosch, over the years, has established itself as a leader in the power tool industry. The brand has a reputation for top-quality, high-performing products with superior-grade construction. In this article, we will review the Bosch 1617EVSPK Router.
Our evaluation of this tool hinges on the product’s overall cutting performance, the available features and functions, its build quality, and how those compare to similar products from competitive brands within its price range.
Reading this post down to the end will equip you with the right information to make accurate purchase decisions on this tool.
The 1617EVSPK Overview
Bosch 1617EVSPK is a robust and versatile machine designed to tackle both small-scale DIY tasks as well as heavy-duty routing operations. The tool comeswith detailed designs that allow it to deliver top-notch quality in edge forming, bit plunging, laminate trimming, dovetail cutting, and slot cutting. It features an aluminum base and body for lightweight, easy maneuverability, and quick heat dissipation. There are also other outstanding features, only common to high-end routers, on this tool that ensures excellent overall performance, optimum user-safety, and extreme ease of use.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Extremely Powerful Drive System: Two main features affects a router’s overall performance- its drive system and its construction. With a robust drive system, you can handle more heavy-duty tasks, get more precise and fast cuts as well as a better finish on your workpiece.
Put differently; more power means faster and more precise and robust cutting. This corded machine comes with a 12-amps, 2.25hp rated motor that can deliver speeds between 8,000 to 25,000rpm efficient for a wide-range of routing operations with a top-quality finish.
- Variable Speed Control: If a router runs at its full pace without room for adjustments of its speed, the machine will still be powerful, but its versatility is compromised. This device has a variable speed dial that lets you optimize its speed to your routing task. The speed selector dial is further equipped with a speed-control technology to monitor and maintain your desired RPM for consistent performance.
- Superior-Grade Construct: Bosch 1617EVSPK comes with a robust construction that will last for a long time. It features an Aluminum base and motor housing for lightweight, easy maneuverability and quick dissipation of heat from its high-speed moving parts. It also has a power switch with a completely dust-sealed design that further increases its durability.
The machine’s handles are made of wood rather than rubber overmoulds. This feature may not necessarily better than rubber overmoulds in shock-absorption; its comfortability is still good.
- Included Components: This router doesn’t come as a bare tool. Its kit has all the components you will need for fixed depth routing. With the micro-fine bit-depth adjustment on the base, an overall range of one inch, and accuracy of 1/64-inch, you will always get accurate and fast changes. The tool kit contains a plunger base, fixed base, fixed base cup shield, plunge base cup shield, ½ inch and ¼ inch self-releasing collet chucks, 16mm and 24mm bit change wrenches, and a T-handle hex-height adjustment wrench.
- Additional Functions: There are also other little but impressive functions on this machine that increases its overall rating. First, the chip deflector function that, as the name implies, deflect chips from the cutline, giving users a clear sight of the cutting area. Its threaded three-hole base pattern, overload protection system, spindle-lock option, and soft-start function also counts.
|Dimension||15.2 x 29.21 x 27.9(L x W x H)cm|
|Speed range||8,000 – 25,000 rpm|
|Collet Capacity||¼, 3/8, ½, inches and 8 mm|
|Fixed-Base Depth range||1 – 5/8 inch|
|Plunge Depth||2 – ¼ inch|
This device comes with a 3-year limited warranty when registered within four weeks of purchase. It also has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Robust enough for heavy-duty tasks
- Available in both plunge and fixed bases
- Spindle-Lock for quick and easy change of bits
- Coarse and Micro-fine adjustments knobs for precise depth adjustment
- An integrated overload protection system
- Soft-start function
- Precision centering design when using guidance devices
- Its wooden handles are not as comfortable as rubber overmould ones
- No dust collection
In all, the Bosch 1617EVSPK router is an excellent machine, and it gets our full recommendation for purchase. Its superior performance, top-quality build, and outstanding features make it a good product.