When it comes to working woods, especially if you’re a DIYer, either through cutting grooves for woods, edging profiles, or even going as far to producing unique mouldings, you need a highly competent router such as the Bosch POF 1400 ACE router to help you accomplish such tasks in top fashion.
And that is why today, we will be making a review of this fantastic tool by giving an overview of it, talking about the specifications, discuss its advantages alongside the disadvantages that go with it. So without any further delay, let’s get started!
The POF 1400 Overview
If you’re amongst those who love doing things on their own (the DIYers), then I’m sure you’ve probably heard, or even had a router before. However, while all routers may appear to be the same, the truth is, they are not. This is because while some have lower standards in quality and specification, others such as the POF 1400 ACE comes with a 1400-watt motor, which makes the cutter (bit) rotate at speeds of up to 28,000 revolutions per minute, and other incredible features like routing depth adjustment, which has an impressive consistency rate even when being used under intense pressure.
It just keeps getting better because, this router is not only smooth and comfortable to handle, thanks to its pair of large ergonomically designed handles, but it is designed to prevent any form of immediate fatigue from occurring to the user, while handling the tool for a more extended period of time. Also, with this router, you can input template guidelines, again, thanks to its SDS system which allows for the inclusion of whatever guide you’ll need to assist you.
And in regards to speed, the Bosch POF router has a pre-selector with which you can choose the speed you’d want, and also a wheel/accelerator switch readily available to serve your purpose. With this Bosh tool, you can use it in designing your home furniture by profiling the edges and carving them into your style.
Furthermore, with the routers guide rail or the parallel stop, you can rebate and even groove woods at ease, surface decorate with it, and make your decorations. Other features present in this versatile tool includes a transparent chip guard which the manufacturers included to help the users have a clear sight of what they are working on, by clearing the chips away. It also has a mini lamp that helps illuminate the area that is being worked on. All round, it’s a powerful router.
- A straight bit (8 mm diameter)
- A holding pin
- A template guide
- Three collets – diameter inch 1/4, 6, 8
- An open-end spanner
- A parallel guide
- A dust extraction adapter
- An instruction manual
- A plastic carrying case
- The POF 1400 ACE is easy to use, due to its well-designed handles, which enhances comfortable grips.
- Security-wise, it is very safe to use, thanks to its extra components like the dust extraction port, the transparent chip guard that helps in making the user’s vision clearer, and so on.
- The Bosch has a speed selector, and a quality speed to match as well, which is why it often produces high-quality finishes.
- Given that it has a spindle lock, the router can produce accurate routing fine depth adjustment, consistently.
- And being that it is a flexible router, you can add templates to it for guidance.
- The durability of this router isn’t much pronounced.
- The led light gets faulty quickly.
- The fine adjustment knob is too small.
- It has an underpowering issue.
- The chuck made for changing bits often poses a problem when trying to be locked.
- The collet doesn’t hold the bit always.
So to wrap it up, even though the Bosch POF 1400 ACE has a lot to offer in terms of how easy and comfortable it is to use, it also comes with its flaws. Nevertheless, if you’re a DIYer, or someone who loves working on his/her woods personally, either to carve out furniture wood for furniture making, cut grooves for woods, or even make unique mouldings, then this router can get those things done for you without any stress. Try it out, and get back to us on how well you enjoyed using it. Cheers!