If you are looking for a top-quality router and are willing to spend on it, your best deal is to consider products from highly reputable brands first. Yes, they come with hefty prices, but their overall performance and construction are worth it. In this article, we will review the DeWALT D26204K-GB Router.
This router is quite pricey. Even more, it is from DeWALT- an industry leader. So, you can expect superior-grade performance with extreme durability. Still, in our evaluation, we will test the machine’s performance, build-quality, design flaws, and more. We will also see how the tool fares compared with competitive products within its category and price range.
The D26204K Overview
DEWALT D26204K-GB is a compact, lightweight router with an adjustable base for fixed or plunge routing operations. The machine comes with a robust drive system that delivers the extreme speeds needed for a wide range of applications on any grade of timber, aluminum, and plastics. Its construct also features high-quality materials that guarantee its long life. Some other useful features and functions improve the device’s versatility, ease-of-use, and user safety.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Drive System: The D26204K-GB utilizes power from a robust 900W-rated motor for its entire routing operation. 900W sits somewhere poor for this machine, considering its price. Besides, many competitive products offer up to 2.5hp motor. However, this router still manages to perform heavy-duty operations excellently. Its motor delivers speeds of up to 27,000 rpm- more than many other competitors with even higher motor power.
- Variable Speed Control: This router comes with a maximum speed of 27,000rpm but allows the user to vary the speed from 16,000 rpm to its full pace for bit optimization depending on the application and workpiece material via a speed control dial. More so, this full-wave electronic control function comes with a feedback mechanism for maintaining consistency in the selected speed for a brilliant finish under any load.
- Design and Construction: DeWALT’s reputation for a durable product with superior-grade construction is seen on this device. Both its design and construction shimmers excellence andtoughness. First, the tool comes in lightweight construction, lighter than most routers within its class for increased ease of use, handling, and user comfort. Its motor housing and body are made of aluminum. This build allows heat to be disposed of quickly. Thus, improving the machine’s lifespan. The motor housing can also be rapidly transitioned to a fixed based attachment for more versatility.
- Ergonomic Grip Handles: The results from your routing sometimes depends on how easy the machine can be handled. With its lightweight, compact design, this tool features over moulded rubber handles for a secured, comfortable grip with minimal vibrations from the device being sent to the user’s hands.
- Additional Functions: There are also other useful features of this tool. First is its plunge base and its incorporated fine tune rod for precise depth adjustment. There is also a five-position adjustable turret that enables stepped or repeated cuts. The integrated Dual LED lights increase the visibility around the router bit during operation. Last is its multiple spindle lock detants that allows for a quick and simple router bit change.
- Included Components: This router is supplied along with two parallel fences, two dust extraction adapter, 8mm collet (1/4 inch GB), 17mm spanner, plunge, and fixed bases, centering cone, and a toolkit box.
|Dimension||11 x 29.21 x 27(L x W x H) cm|
|Speed range||16,000– 27,000 rpm|
|Collet Capacity||6 – 8 mm (¼ inch GB)|
|Maximum Cutter Diameter||36mm|
This tool has a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Included dust extraction adapter
- Multiple spindle lock detants for quick and easy change of bits
- Compact, lightweight design
- Excellent overall performance
- Durable construction
- Relatively low-power motor
Recommendation and Purchase Option
All in all, the DeWALT D26204K-GB Router is an incredible machine suitable for both novice DIYers or elite artisans. The device comes in a simple, lightweight construct and other useful functions that deliver excellent routing operation with extreme user convenience. The tool comes with a fairly low-rated motor, but the drive system is rugged enough for heavy-duty operations.