The demand for cordless power tools is on an upscale, and we can trace this surge to theirease-of-use and better mobility. Are you considering opting for a cordless router? You can start your search by reading our DeWALT DCW600B Cordless Router review.
If you follow this post to the end, you will get an overall appraisal of the tool’s performance, construct, unique features and functions, as well as its limitations. With all of these pieces of information, you should have enough guides on your purchase decisions. Whether to get this tool, consider another cordless router, or simply go for a corded one.
The DCW600B Overview
DEWALT DCW600B perfectly blends power with convenience. It offers similar power to a compact corded router but still affords users the comfort of mobility. The tool comes with an advanced drive system equipped with brushless motor technology and lithium-ion premium cell technology for improved power, energy-efficiency, and better overall construction. Along with other exceptional functions, this drive system combines to guarantee a smooth, easy routing operation with a brilliant finish.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Robust Drive System: This router comes with an advanced brushless motor drive system that offers more power, energy efficiency, zero maintenance cost, and a lightweight construct than the brushed type. Being cordless, the tool utilizes power from its 20V battery to drive the motor.
Concerns may arise that this DEWALT DCW600B tool may not handle heavy-duty tasks efficiently because it is battery-powered. However, that is baseless as the machine delivers up to 25,500rpm of rotational speed for precise, fast routing applications for as long as there is energy in the battery. Thus, we can easily say that the tool is as powerful as a corded router.
- Variable Speed Option: Routing different materials or different designs will require varying speeds. So, to account for such variations and match the routing application, this tool allows you to select between 16,000 to 25,500 rpm from its conveniently accessed variable speed dial.
- Soft Start Function: Soft Start protects the tool and user and eliminates erratic handling on startup. Precisely, this function lets the machine start at minimal speed and power, ensuring there is no excessive power surge that may cause jerking and erratic handling or burning of its internal components. This speed is then slowly increased until the preselected pace, or maximum speed is reached.
- Ergonomic Handles: It is common to be keen on power and speed but give less attention to other small details like handles, and that is entirely wrong. Your machine may be very powerful, but your routing results and finish significantly depends on how easy and convenient it is to handle.
This tool features shock-absorbent rubber over mould construction on its handles to mitigate vibrations and shocks as well as promote firm grip and convenient handling.
- Additional Functions: There are a few other little but advantageous features on this tool. First is the built-in Dual LED lights for the illumination of the work area. A depth adjustment ring for fast and easy height adjustment. There is the Electronic Brake Func0tion that slows the motor quickly when the unit is shut down.
Lastly, this machine is compatible with plunge bases for more compact routing operations.
|Dimension||20 x 40.5 x 4.(L x W x H) cm|
|Speed Range||16,000- 25,500rpm|
|Collet Capacity||¼ inch|
|Maximum Plunge Capacity||2-3/4 inches|
This tool has a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Adjustable, ergonomic handles for optimum user comfort
- Excellent overall performance
- Durable construction
- It allows for adjustment of its base for fixed or plunge routing
- Compatible with dust extraction adapter for both fixed and plunge base
- Only suitable for fast routing applications
- Sold as a bare tool
Recommendation and Purchase Option
All in all, the DeWALT DCW600B Cordless Router offers excellent value for its fairly high price. The tool’s power and speed are exceptional- even unmatched by many corded routers. However, it only allows preselection between 16,000 to 25,500rpm for fast routing tasks. So, if you’re keen on slower speeds, you should look away. More so, the machine is sold alone without batteries, and you will have to purchase separate batteries, preferably from 5.0Ah and above, for optimum performance.