Are you looking for a high-performing but affordable router to tackle both light and heavy-duty applications? There are so many products in the market that check those boxes, but we will review only the Hitachi M12VE/J6 router in this article.
Hitachi isn’t as popular as DeWALT, Bosch, Makita, or other industry leaders but is well known for its top-quality products. We will, however, not take its name for it. Here, we will provide a detailed analysis of the machine’s performance, design and construct, durability, limitations, and how they compare with competitive products within its price.
Hitachi M12VE/J6 is a high-power router design to tackle heavy-duty tasks conveniently. It features a robust motor that provides the speed and power needed to perform routing operations on timber, aluminum, and plastics efficiently. This unique motor blends its power and speed with a variable speed option for more controlled performance and optimization in line with workpiece material. One of the machine’s most stand-out features is its lightweight but sturdy construction for better handling and ease-of-use. There are many other features that all combine to provide more robust routing with maximum comfort and safety.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- High Power Brushed motor: While many high-end toolsuse a brushless motor for more power, torque, and efficiency, this device comes with a brushed motor. However, there are a few advantages this motor type has over the brushless ones.
Brushed motor allows for alteration of the torque to speed ratio. It comes with a low construction cost; thus, low overall price and can be easilyrebuilt in any case of damage or fault. This routerfeatures a powerful 2000W rated brushed motor suitable for tackling heavy and light scale routing tasks. Its brushes are located easily accessible in case of service or maintenance.
- Variable Speed Option: The M12VE/J6 has a maximum no-load speed of 22,000rpm, but it features a speed control dial that lets you select a pace between 8,000rpm to 22,000rpm. This speed option allows for convenient optimizing the device’s power and speed in line with the routing task or workpiece material.
The tool also comes with a unique constant speed control technology that prevents erratic speeds by maintaining the selected machine speed throughout the work operation.
- Design and construction: In simple terms, this Hitachi tool blends perfectly, lightweight, compact design for ease of use with heavy-duty construction for more durability. Weighing only 5.3kg, we can easily say that this product is one of the lightest plunge routers within its class. Yet, it still features the standard heavy-duty metal case for easy dissipation of heat as well as sturdiness.
- Ergonomic Grip Handles: Although this machine comes with a compact design that provides good grip and handling, it further steps up the overall handling with rubber over mould grip handles. This overall disallows shocks and vibration from the tool to be sent to your hand. Thus, offering more grip and balance.
- Included Components: This Hitachi router is supplied along with one straight guide, one 30mm template guide, an instruction manual, and a toolkit box.
|Dimension||19.8 x 40.2 x 36 (L x W x H) cm|
|Speed range||8,000 – 22,000 rpm|
|Collet Capacity||6 – 8 mm (¼ and ½ inch GB)|
|Maximum Cutter Diameter||36mm|
This tool comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. However, if registered within four weeks of purchase, the machine gets the three-year extended warranty its manufacture offers. Irrespective of the warranty period, you get a 30-day money-back guaranty.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Adjustable, ergonomic handles for optimum user comfort
- Excellent overall performance
- Convenient variable speed dial with constant speed control function
- Durable construction
- Brushed motor technology
- Not so cheap
Recommendation and Purchase Option
In all, the Hitachi M12VE/J6 plunge routeris a top quality product with high-end features and robust overall operation. The tool isn’t so cheap, neither is it so expensive. It matches value for its price and gets the job done excellently. Sadly, this product does not utilize the brushless motor technology for more power efficiency, but it is equally powerful, and its brushes are strategically placed for easy maintenance and replacement when needed,