If you’re looking for an affordable but powerful plunge router, one of your best bargains would be from unpopular brands with good recommendations rather than renowned industrial leaders. In this article, we will review one of such bargain routers- Triton MOF001 Dual-Mode Plunge Router.
Does this tool offer more value for its price, or does its fair price mean average performance, construct, and design? You will find out in this post. Even more, you will see how this tool fare against routers within its price range and other high-end ones.
If you follow this post to the end, you will get a well-rounded piece of information on this tool and the purchase decision you need to make.
The MOF001 Overview
Triton MOF001 is an award-winning router equipped with high-end features. The tool utilizes a fairly powerful brushed motor to drive its entire routing operation. Its compact design with quiet and easy operation is one of the device’s most exceptional feature. Yet, the construction, safety mechanism, and build are also stellar.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Brushed Motor Technology: If you’re quite conversant with power tools, you may think of this drive system as archaic, considering the numerous advancement to improve its efficiency by eradication of the brushes. Still, this motor type has its unique advantages. First, it is cheaper than the brushless motor. It allows for alteration of the torque to speed ratio and could be easily fixed or replaced by most technicians when damaged.
This tool has a 1400W rated brushed motorthat delivers up to 21,000rpm of rotational speed for fast, precise routing.
- Variable Speed Option: This function comes in handy when working on different materials or different touting tasks. One speed-setting may not be efficient for all workpieces, so; the tool lets you preselect between 8000 to 21,000 pm,from its variable speed control dial, for versatility.
- Electronic Speed Control: Triton MOF001 features an electronic speed control system that ensures that the device stays at the preselected speed for as long as the operator wants it. The function allows for more ease-of-use and convenience and assures a fine, constant finish on all workpieces.
- Soft Start Function: Soft Start, as the name implies, allows the tool to start softly- with less power and speed. This speed and power are then gradually increased until the machine gets to your selected speed setting or maximum output. With this function, the device will never experience the “power surge on startup” typical to power tools, nor will it jerk when turned on. Hence, guaranteeing long machine life, user safety, and better handling.
- Automatic Spindle Lock: This option allows for a quick, easy base single-wrench bit change. It does this function efficiently and guarantees user safety too. The spindle lock only engages when the power switch cover is closed. It works in line with the switch shutter that locks closed in bit-change mode to prevent the tool from being switched on while you’re still changing the bits.
- Additional Functions: This Triton router comes with a micro winder for continuous fine depth adjustment via the full plunge range. Its rack and pinion height adjustment alongside the table winder eliminates the need for an expensive lifting mechanism for router table application. Fully enclosed guarding provides optimum protection from the cut zone and further improves its dust extraction. Lastly, its Quick-fit pins allow for fast fitment and removal from the fence and the RTA300router table.
|Dimension||16.5 x 28.5 x 29 (L x W x H) cm|
|Speed range||8,000 – 21,000 rpm|
|Collet Capacity||6 – 8 mm (¼ and ½ inch GB)|
|Maximum Cutter Diameter||36mm|
|Plunge Range||0 – 59mm|
This tool has a 3-year warranty upon registration and a 30-day free repairs and money-back guaranty.
- 3-stage turret with direct reading scales for precise preset cut depths.
- Removable plunge spring for easy bit adjustment when table mounted
- Built-in dust extraction mechanism
- Superb overall routing performance
- Side air vents for motor protection from dust
- Multi-function fence provides optimum control for handheld use
- Sturdy construction
- Brushed motor needs maintenance
Recommendation and Purchase Option
In all, there are so many features on Triton MOF001 Dual-Mode Plunge Router, along with its high-quality construction that simply beats its price. In fact, there are some functions on this tool missing on pricier competitive products. The machine may deliver only 1400W of power, but it is robust enough to handle light to heavy-duty operations on wood, aluminum, and plastic. So, it gets our full recommendation for purchase.