This BLACK+DECKER BDCJS18N-XJ is one of those tools you need if you work with different materials. Lightweight and compact in its design, you will notice that it is very easy to move, handle, and control. It has some top-quality features like a variable speed switch for better control, three-stage pendulum action, blade protection, and more. Below is a closer analysis of what it has to offer.
- Variable speed – The first notable thing that many DIYers like about this BLACK and DECKER tool is the 0 – 2500 RPM variable speed feature. This allows you to control depending on the particular material you’re cutting.
- 3 position pendulum action – This feature moves the jigsaw’s blade in a circular motion. You can cut through thick materials faster and extend the life of your blade because if you’re careful, you can cause it to show signs of tents. You won’t have to labor as much when you’re cutting materials such as metal.
- Deep cuts – The depth at which a power tool can cut materials is very when it comes to its efficiency. You want a tool that can shred different materials with little effort. The BDCJS18N-XJ can deliver depth cuts of 55 mm in wood, 8 mm in steel, and 20 mm in aluminium. This comes in handy especially if you work with these materials regularly.
- Offers 3 types of lithium-Ion batteries – The jigsaw is a tool that should be high on every DIYer’s shopping list because it offers 3 types of Lithium-Ion batteries for high-quality results depending on the materials you’re cutting. These batteries are 1.5 Ah, 2.0 Ah, and 4.0 Ah.
- Affordable – Every product on the market has a price with some being cheaper or more expensive than others. Many people look at the asking price of a certain power tool as a clear indication of the quality you get. Cheaper means poor quality while expensive means high-quality tool which delivers on expectations and more. If you’re looking for an affordable tool that will handle a range of applications at home, BDCJS18N-XJ is the one to buy. When compared to other jigsaws around its price range, you will notice that this one has more to offer plus it is durable.
- Tool-free blade change – Changing blades on a jigsaw can be challenging even for the most experienced of people. With this tool, changing the blades is so easy thanks to the tool-free blade feature. You can change the blades on the tool within seconds which enables you to get back to work quickly. There is a designated button you can press for the blade to come off or be inserted with ease.
- Uses lithium-ion technology – This tool can use the same batteries as other BLACK+DECKER 18V tools meaning that if you have any of these batteries at home, you can use them on this tool. The product line has over 20 tools for garden and home use which include tools such as circular saws, drills, chainsaws, and strummers. There is no need for you to check the market, buy new batteries that cost a fortune, and have excess one just sitting there at home without using them as much.
- Buy the charger and battery – The major drawback of what is a fantastic tool is the fact that it doesn’t come with a charger or battery. If you have any lithium-ion technology products in your tool kit, the good news is the batteries are interchangeable and you can use them on this tool. If you don’t have those tools, you’ll need to shell out fine money on a charger and battery to be able to use this tool.
Overall the BLACK+DECKER BDCJS18N-XJ is a very simple tool that uses lithium-ion technology. If you have one battery belong to this family of tools, it will work on this one tool. There is no need for you to worry about using a tool to change the blades because you don’t need it. Simply pressing a button to release and insert the blade plus its variable speed means you can use a variety of materials like metal and aluminium.