You will go a long way in finding a tool that is as versatile as the BLACK+DECKER KS890ECN. The only limitation that you’ll have as far as using this tool is concerned is your imagination. The powerful 400 W motor makes cutting a variety of materials like plastic, metal, and wood very easy.
What you are supplied with when you buy this Scorpion Saw are 3 blades designed for different cutting jobs and a hand storage kit box. This makes it easy for you to transport it as well as store it. The features of this tool are impressive.
Key Features Of The KS890ECN
- Superb multifunction power tool – The most impressive feature this hand saw has is the fact that it is multifunctional. It will save you time and effort cutting a variety of materials because it is both a jigsaw and a handsaw.
- Variable speed – What you will get here is a tool that has an amazing variable speed of between 0 – 5500 SPM. There are not many tools on the market that will offer you this level of speed to slice through a wide range of materials.
- 3-metre cable – The KS890ECN tool has a 3-metre long cable which requires a power source. Your work will not be interrupted as long as you are plugged into a socket plus it has a stroke length of 10 cm.
- Tool-free push button blade change – Changing blades on machines using tools like an Allen key or a screwdriver is something that has always been done. It can be time-consuming and many people are not fans of this method of switching blades on their power tools. These days, thanks to advancement, manufacturers can implement tool-free push buttons on their products to make it easy for you to change blades effortlessly. This is exactly what you get with the BLACK and DECKER KS890ECN.
- Safety lock-off off switching – If you are not careful when a power tool is in your possession, you can start it by accident. Thankfully, this Scorpion Saw has a safety lock-off switching which prevents you from starting the tool by accident potentially causing injuries.
- Don’t need to charge – All you need is a place that has a power source. You simply plug it in and as long as there’s a power flow, you can use the saw for as long as you can without having to worry about charging it.
- Affordable – The money that you pay for a product should always match the features you get. This tool is very affordable and gives you the same features as a high-end model without paying the high price. If you are looking for something that is very effective but you’re low on funds, this machine is worth considering.
- Heavy – This saw is slightly heavier than most on the market and if you are less experienced, you’ll find this tool very challenging to use. Many customers have said that it is not easy to turn on this tool since you have to press two buttons.
- Working around a cable can be tricky – As pointed out above, this tool has a 3-metre long cable. You need to be careful around wires because you can easily trip and suffer a very serious injury or you can cut the power source by mistake. Either way, care is needed when you are working with a tool that has a cable.
- Limited reach – Part of the reason why many people these days opt for cordless tools is they want freedom. They don’t want to be restricted to a certain length. With only 3 metres to work with, your reach can be limited and you might need to buy an extension to work more comfortably which costs extra.
Despite the cable and weight being a major drawback, the BLACK+DECKER KS890ECN is an incredibly designed tool that will make any casual DIYer and professional very happy when purchased. It has a safety lock-off that prevents unintentional starting which can happen with some tools. It is a multifunctional tool that acts as both a jigsaw and a handsaw because of the powerful 400 W motor that delivers a maximum of 5500 SPM. You will not regret buying this tool because it is worth every penny.