If you are a little savvy with the power-tool industry, you should be expecting an excellent value when you purchase a Bosch product. Anyway, this article evaluates a product under the professional family of this brand – the Bosch GKS 190 Circular Saw.
Well, don’t take the mane for it just yet. In this evaluation of the tool, you will see its unique abilities over competitive products, the build quality, cutting performance as well as its limitations. So, at the end of this review, you will be able to make anincisive decisionon what saw to buy.
Bosch GKS 190 is a powerful and versatile saw equipped with a robust 1400w motor- the highest motor power in its class, for fast and precise sawing operations. The tool provides the highest cutting depth in its class (for its flexibility) in any work station. Yet, it does all of that and still maintains a compact design for the best handling and extreme user convenience. Its robust build, ease of use, cutting flexibility,and other features make it ideal for light to heavy-duty applications on hard and softwood for home, office, or workshop use.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- High-Quality Motor: As mentioned earlier, in its class, no product comes with a more powerful motor than Bosch GKS 190. This motor rating enables better power efficiency; thus, consistent accurate cutting performance with a superb finish. Don’t get us wrong, while the stroke rate determines the cutting precision, the motor power determines whether or not the tool can consistently deliver such stroke amount after long use. Lower- rated motors will soon become overheated after prolonged use because of a current overload. But with this high power, you can tackle heavy-duties for extended periods without a drop in cutting performance resulting from an overloaded motor.
- Cutting Performance: The cutting depth of this tool is also unmatched by any other product within its class. With a staggering maximum no-load speed of 5500rpm along with its high-rated motor, making superior cuts with more depth and precision isn’t so much surprising. The device allows for bevel cutting of up to 56 degrees. So, overall, you will be getting the highest cutting depth, from the highest-rated motor with the highest bevel cut angle- mind blowing! The maximum cutting depth of this saw is 70mm at 90degrees and 50mm at 45degrees.
- Build Quality: The GKS 190 saw comes with a robust, closed, aluminum die-cast pendulum guard and a rigid bend-resistant aluminum base for toughness. So, you can be sure that your cuts will be always precise and your tool will last long.
- Spindle Lock: Spindle Lock describes a spring-loaded blade clamping system that, as it sounds, locks the machine’s rotatable spindle from moving for easy, fast, and tool-less blade change from the spindle. This Bosch device has this function and a simple push of the spring-loaded pin, you can both secure and unfit a blade from the spindle.
- Dust Extraction: There are two methods this device uses to provide a clear view of the cutting line on workpieces. First, it features an integrated wood chip deflector mounted on the tool’s shank to give a better view of the work surface. The tool also has a Turbo blower that ensures a dust-free view of the cutting line.
|Dimension||24 x 38 x 20cm|
|Bevel Capacity||56 degrees|
|Maximum cutting depth||90 degrees- 70mm 45degrees- 50mm|
|Included components||TCT Saw Blade, Parallel Guide, Allen Key,and Circular Saw.|
This saw has a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Optimized wood chip deflector for a better view of the cutting line
- An integrated overload protection system
- Excellent handling
- High-Power motor
- Suitable for heavy-duty applications
- Ideal for cross rip and mitre cuts in wood and similar materials, mainly in free handling
- Not so compact or lightweight
Recommendation and Buying Option
If you are a professional DIY enthusiast looking for a robust circular saw for ideal heavy-duty applications, Bosch GKS 190 device will be an excellent choice for you.