Weighing in at just 1.6 kgs and easy to operate, this tool is among the lightest and user-friendly jigsaws you can purchase. Working for long hours with a power tool can be physically draining. Your arms and feet can get tired easily especially if you are working with rough materials. Even if you use this tool for a very long time, you will notice that it will not cause stress on your arms and legs. Below are the reasons why you should buy the Bosch PST 18 LI.
- Light – Since this Bosch tool itself is very light as pointed out above with a weight of just 1.6 kgs, it is maneuverable and very convenient to handle if you are a beginner.
- Impressive cut control – This tried and tested feature offers precision by acting as a guide while you cut. Yet again, this feature is very important if you are a beginner.
- Comfortable – The PST 18 LI is very comfortable to work with because it doesn’t vibrate too much meaning you have a high chance of getting consistent crisp cuts all the time. This low vibration feature means you don’t have to worry about losing control, loss of sensation in your arms, or any other arm related health problems.
- Tool-free changing – You don’t need to splash out extra money to buy a tool to change the blades. You can easily change them with ease in just a few seconds.
- Cutting capacity – This tool is ideal for cutting depths of up to 80 mm on a variety of materials speeding up the sawing process.
- Powerful – There is a large number of people out there who believe that cordless tools are weaker compared to the ones that require a power source. When compared to corded models, the Li-Ion battery that powers this tool lasts longer.
- Extremely portable – Freedom is something many DIYers enjoy when they are working with power tools. Since this one doesn’t have a cord, you don’t have to worry about tripping or accidentally cutting through the wire while you work.
- It has a plastic guide – You should always make sure that you are safe every time you pick up a power tool. PST 18 LI has a very visible plastic guide that will protect you from suffering any potential injuries.
- Long-lasting battery and charges quicker – It only takes 1 hour and 30 mins to fully charge this tool which is amazing when compared to other tools that take around 3 hours to charge. Not only does this tool charge quicker, but it also lasts for a very long time once fully charged.
- Price – Even though you don’t get a charger or battery with your purchase, it is one of the cheapest jigsaws you can buy on the market.
- LED Light – The LED light was added to give you a nice clean cut when you’re using the tool in a poorly lit or darkroom. Not only does this make you accurate, but it also keeps you safe while using the 4 steps orbital action to make precise cuts quickly.
- Comfortable – The soft grip that is found on this jigsaw minimizes vibration fatigue which is a major problem many people who work with power tools have to deal with. You can use this Bosch jigsaw for long hours without losing control and feeling tired. It was very clever of Borsh to make their tool as comfortable as possible for their target audience.
- Charger and battery not included – The first disadvantage of this tool is it doesn’t come with a battery or a charger. You need to purchase those separately as they don’t come as part of the overall package.
- Can be difficult to adjust at times – The tilt adjustments on this tool for bevel cuts is time consuming according to many customers.
Even though Bosch PST 18 LI is the best jigsaws you can purchase, it still has a few negatives like not coming with a battery and charger as well as adjustment for making bevel cuts being time-consuming. Aside from that, this is a very reliable tool that performs well no matter the material. It is powerful, charges quicker, safe thanks to a plastic guide, and portable.