Dewalt makes some of the most affordable tools on the market and this tool carries on that wonderful tradition. Dewalt DWS774-GB has features that the modern-day tradesman or DIYer needs to cut through wood. While it is not the lightest tool one can buy it is easy to transport, makes your cuts accurate, and extremely powerful. Below is a look at those important features you need to be aware of before you buy it.
- The motor – The first thing that stands out with this tool is the 1400W motor that can cut through a variety of materials.
- Dust collection – DWS774-GB was fitted with a dust collection system that cleans up for you every time you work. Having a very messy work station will be a thing of the past when you use this tool.
- Integrated positive mitre stops – These mitre stops are at 15 degrees, 22.5 degrees, 30 degrees, and 45 degrees because they are the ones people use the most. The quick-release mitre mechanism can go up to 50 degrees.
- New head lock function – The previous model didn’t have this feature and its addition here allows the head to be fixed, restricting the traverse function for trim applications and making it easy for you to transport it.
- Improved base and fence feature – The base and fence greatly meet the accuracy requirements of the most demanding materials especially the long ones. Fixed left and right-hand fences with measuring scale offer users with improved material support and management.
- Easy transport – Dewalt made sure that the DWS774-GB is easy for you to transport by installing carry side handles. This prevents you from dragging this tool whenever you want to move it from one place to another because, at 12 kgs, this tool is not light at all. You need all the help you can get when moving tools that are heavy for your safety too because you can easily hurt yourself if you’re not careful.
- Accurate – This tool has an XPS shadow feature which helps you maintain a high level of accuracy. The is a massive improvement from having a lazy guide because your cuts will be finer and crisp.
- Lightweight – For people who tend to move their power tool around, the good news is you can move this tool around easily because it is lightweight.
- Excellent value – You will be buying a tool from a brand that has a fantastic reputation for making top quality products that review positive reviews from customers. The price tag of this tool is a major plus because it is very affordable even for people who don’t have a lot of money to spend on power tools.
- Easy storage – If you don’t have plenty of space at home to work with, the last thing you need is a tool that will take up much space. It will easily fit in your garage or tool shed without you having to worry about getting rid of things just to fit it in there.
- Must not be used to cut metal – This tool is exceptional at cutting wood but shows signs of weakness when you try to use it on metal. If you want to cut metal, buying another model is the best option because this one isn’t ideal for metal cutting.
- This tool might be too heavy for beginners m – As pointed out above, this tool comes in at 12 kgs which are bulky for beginners. This can make it difficult for people with less experience to work with this tool because they might struggle with getting their angles right due to the weight. There are few lighter models worth considering if you find working with this tool a massive issue.
For the money you pay, you will get your pennies worth and more with this tool because it has some great features. Dewalt DWS774-GB is wonderful for both tradesmen and DIYers users who simply want something that can cut a wide range of materials except wood. It has a dust collection feature which is useful for keeping your work environment clean and tidy. Dewalt is a very powerful brand and this is a brilliant purchase because it is affordable, lightweight, accurate, and easy to store.