In this Evolution R185CCSX review, you will get all the information you need to make an incisive decision on whether to get this circular saw or consider an alternative. In more precise terms, you will see the tools exceptional advantage over competitive products in its class, the cutting performance, quality of build as well as its limitations and flaws.
It is worth mentioning that Evolution power-tools stand out for their affordable price, superior-grade construct, and superb performance. So, let’s see how good this product is.
Evolution R185CCSX is an affordable but powerful circular saw perfect for DIY users and professionals who wants a premium cutting performance at the best possible price. The tool comes with many excellent features but its standout function is its Multi-Material cutting technology that allows you to use one blade for all cutting operations. Yet, its cutting performance is precise, fast, and leaves an instantly workable finish.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Powerful Motor: This circular track saw comes with a robust 1600W hi-torque motor to drive its cutting operations. It also features an optimized gearbox and blade system that allows for adjustability of the rotating speed and torque to suit cutting applications (both light and heavy-duty) on different materials with varying sizes.
- Cutting Performance: Its excellent cutting ability is what sets the saw aside competitive products. The tool has a maximum no-load speed of 3900 to produce precise cuts on your workpiece. It also allows for bevel cutting between 0 to 45 degrees for angled cuts. The bore of its blade is the standard 20mm bore but the maximum depth of straight cut is 64mm (59mm with Track) and 47mm (42mm with Track) at 45 degrees.
- Multi-Material Cutting Technology: This Evolution R185CCSX saw comes with the Multi-Material cutting technology that, as it sounds, uses one blade to cut through every different material. Precisely, it can cut through mild steel – both sheet metal, angled iron, and box section with no heat nor burs, instantly workable finish. You can also cut through woods (both hard and softwood) embedded with nails as well as plastics (both acrylic and drainage tubing) cleanly without burning or melting the workpiece. Finally, the tool is ideal for worktops and doors. It comes with a parallel edge guide to ensure a perfectly straight cut.
- Build Quality: Despite its fairly low price, this tool’s build quality wasn’t compromised. It comes in an evenly-distributed, heavyweight (4.8kg), cast aluminum base for maximum stability when running. The machine’s handles have rubber over-mould to provide a firm but comfortable grip. There is also an electric brake system and a blade guard that closes in 0.4 seconds. Thus, reducing the time the operator gets exposed to a spinning saw blade.
- Tool-less bevel and depth Adjustment: Changing the bevel level for angled cuts never gets easier than with this tool. Precisely, there is a bevel thumb lever that allows you to use the detents to get the desired tilt you need on your workpiece without using any tool. The same goes for the depth of cut adjustment- you can easily loosen the rear thumb lever to select the depth of cut from 0 to 64mm.
- Dust extraction mechanism: This tool has two techniques for keeping the cutting line clear off sawdust. The first- Channeled Air Flow system that clears the immediate area, impeding debris from the line of cut throughout the cutting operation. There is also a Dust Port Adapter that lets you attach a vacuum cleaner to the tool and keep the entire work environment clean and safe from hazards.
|Dimension||26.5 x 37.5 x 25.5 cm|
|Bevel Capacity||45 degrees|
|Maximum cutting depth||90 degrees- 67mm (59mm with Track) 45degrees- 47mm (41mm with Track)|
|Included components||TCT Saw Blade, Connector Bar, Dust Hose Connector, Parallel Edge Guide, Hex Key, and Circular Saw.|
This circular saw has a 3-year limited warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Robust and sturdy construction
- 1020mm Track included
- Ergonomic, soft-grip handles for comfort and better handling
- Multi-Material Cutting technology
- Superior cutting performance with no bur or sparks for metals
- Powerful hi-torque motor ideal for heavy-duty use
- A bit heavy
Overall, the Evolution R185CCSX is an outstanding device with excellent cutting performance and superb value for its price. It may be heavier than many corded circular sawswithin its class but, on the bright side, more weight means more stability for straight cuts.