If you are a DIY enthusiast, you know how important it is to have a wide range of tools at your disposal to get a variety of jobs done. Hiring someone to do the work for you can be costly however if there’s one tool you must invest in to do some of the jobs on your own, the Evolution R210CMS is what you need. Not only can you use this tool to cut wide planks and timber, but also for jobs like skirtings.
Key Features Of The R210CMS
- 1200 W motor – This motor is extremely powerful and will make light work of any materials you are trying to cut. The size of this motor is perfect because if it was slightly heavier, it would make the tool bulkier and a bit challenging to use for some people.
- Impressive cutting capacity – The cut capacity you get from this tool is 125mm x 55mm which is just right for many jobs. When the angles get tighter, the cutting capacity does reduce and any wood that needs cutting around the house will be sliced.
- Great cutting angles – With Evolution R210CMS, you can cut some amazing angles with 0 – 45 degrees adjustment. You can also cut 45 to -45 degrees mitre adjustment angles which makes this tool extremely versatile. What is great about the mitre adjustments is they have an easy lock-in point for the commonly used angles. These angles are 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees because most are done using them.
- Cutting edge blade – Perhaps one of the most impressive features that this saw is the 210mm 24 teeth blade. It will cut everything from metal, aluminum, plastic, and wood with ease. You don’t have to worry about changing blades all the time unless the tasks warrant a change but this blade makes this saw a dream for a DIYer because it makes the tool easy to use. It has a kerf of 1.7mm and a bore of 25.4mm which can be used on other evolution blades.
- Easy to store and move around – Weighing at just 5.8 kilos, the Evolution R210CMS is super lightweight and can be carried around with ease. With dimensions of 260 wide X 393 high, you can easily store this jigsaw in the boot of your car or your garage at home without it taking up much space.
- Safe power tool – This power tool has some great safety features like the aluminum black blade guard which opens and closes automatically when you pull down the saw to cut. It also has a dust port that is connected to a dust bag that will collect all the debris for easy storage.
- Value for money – Many customers who have bought the tool feel it was money well spent because of the features above like 24 teeth blade, the powerful motor and it’s cutting capabilities. It is the perfect tool for tradesmen as they will use this tool a lot because of their line of work. If you are a casual DIYer, you are better off investing somewhere else.
- Easy to adjust – The R210CMS is also loved because it is easy to make adjustments when needed. All you need to do is have two Allen keys and set square to ensure the blade is accurately lined up to cut vertically and horizontally depending on the job.
- This tool is great for domestic use only – If you are buying this tool to perform tasks around your house, you will get impressive results with it however, taking it to a job site will yield unsatisfactory results. 230 V products like this one are designed for home use while 110 V products are great for on-site use and require a transformer.
- Doesn’t come with a stand – When you buy this product, you need to purchase the stand separately because it doesn’t come with one.
The Evolution R210CMS is an incredibly lightweight saw that is easy to store, move around, and gives you value for your money. While the features may appear basic but for a tool of its size, it brings a lot to the table. If you have a jigsaw at home that has seen better days and looking for an upgrade without breaking the bank, this is the product to go for.