Barrel grip power tools are becoming very popular among both professionals and DIY enthusiasts because these tools provide better grip and handling than Bow handle ones. The demand for this design type has made manufacturers produce a barrel handle type for their best-selling tools. In this article, we will review a barrel grip jigsaw – the Makita 4351FCT.
Makita is a prominent brand with a good reputation in the industry. So, already, you should be expecting an A-grade device. Still, we will provide a detailed analysis of the device performance, features, build-quality, and durability.
At the end of this article, you should know whether or not this device is worth your money or some other competitor does better.
Makita 4351FCT is a top-quality, high-end tool that perfectly combines power, handling, durability, and extreme user convenience. The device comes in a barrel handle design providing better grip suitable for closer-to-work cutting operation and is ideal for both craftsmen and DIYers. The most distinctive feature on this device is its superior construct that provides 40% less tool vibration than most competitors and the least noise level within its class of tool.
Yet, the machine still comes with other outstanding features common to other top-quality jigsaws that guarantees an efficient, powerful, and brilliant finish on your workpiece.
Some Unique Features Of The 4351FCT
- High-quality motor: When a power-tool produces less noise than its competitors, it means that the driving system comes with an advanced design. This jigsaw features a Makita-built 6.3AMP motor dynamically balanced to produce 40% less tool vibration and lower noise than competitive models. The motor uses an input power of 720W sufficient to drive its operation for long hours without overheating or reduction in power efficiency.
Cutting Performance: Makita 4351FCT, unlike most Makita jigsaws, is only compatible with T-shank blades. Although its versatility is reduced but not the cutting ability within its intended use. The tool delivers a maximum stroke of 2800spm. Yet, it features a variable speed control dial and a trigger switch with a lock-on button. These functions allow for adjustment on the stroke and speed between 800-2800spm for different work materials. Nevertheless, the device is only suitable for no more than 135mm in wood, 20mm in aluminum, and 10mm in steel.
For angled cuts, the tool has a Die-cast aluminum base bevel that adjusts up to 45degrees left or right and a positive stop at 90degrees for superior cutting performance. There is also a change lever for 3 orbital settings and straight cutting.
- Soft Start Function: For a smooth startup, this tool has a Soft Start function lets it build up the machine speed rather than blasting at full speed when switched. This option helps to prevent the machine from jerking as a result of it trying to get to its full speed in no time.
- Dust Control:Removing dusts that obstructs the marking on your workpiece while sawing significantly determines how precise your cuts will be. So, this appliance comes with a dust blowing function that lets you use the tool with a vacuum cleaner and effortlessly blow out those obstructions, keeping your workpiece clean, tidy, and visible at all times.
- Ergonomic Design: The exterior of the machine comes coated with rubber-mould on its handle to provide a solid, comfortable grip of your tool and ensure high-precision on the cuts.
|Dimension||34 x 37 x 10cm|
|Strokes Per Minute||800-2800spm|
|Included components||Anti-Splintering Device, Dust Nozzle, Hex Wrench, Cover Plate, Carrying Case, 76mm B10 Blade x2, 64mm BR-13 Blade x2, 50mm B-22 blade x2 and Barrel Grip Jigsaw.|
As with all Makita Jigsaws, this product has a 3-year manufacturer warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 40% less tool vibration and very quiet operation
- Tool-less blade change
- Built-in LED light
- Excellent handling
- Superb overall performance
- Superior-quality construct
- Only compatible with T-shank blades
- Relatively low strokes per minute
Conclusion and Recommendation
All in all, Makita 4351FCT jigsaw is a superb orbital action jigsaw built with maximum user convenience. The device’s very quiet operation and low vibration is the device most exceptional feature. Its cutting ability is superb for its intended purpose of use- light to medium scale cutting operation. However, it is only compatible with t-shank blades. So, if you’re looking for a quite jigsaw for home or office use, this device will perfectly suit you. Whereas, if you’re keen on power and better performance, you can check out our Makita DJV181Z review.