Jigsaws are a go-to tool if you want to make precise repetitive straight or curved cuts with very little effort. They provide you with freedom as well as full and convenient control of your design especially the cordless ones. In this article, we will review the Makita DJV182Z jigsaw.
Why do you need this review? Well, there are so many cordless jigsaws available online and these jigsaws come with designs, functions, features, and performance suited for specific purposes. Simply buying an expensive one from a reputable brand may see you spend big on features you don’t need or worst yet, get a device lacking in specific required functions and quality. So, at the end of this evaluation, you will be certain whether to buy this device or check out another.
Makita DJV182Z cordless jigsaw is a lightweight, powerful and highly-performing, top handle jigsaw equipped with so many outstanding features and functions for making precise cuts on workpieces. The tool comes with many stand out features that, as it sounds, sets it apart from most competitors in its class and similar price. First, it features the robust brushless motor for efficient and longer runtime, an aluminum base tiltable to up to 45 degrees to the left or right, and an improved dust extraction hose. The device also comes with high-end features common to other top-quality jigsaws that ensures a professional and comfortable operation.
Some Unique Features Of The DJV182Z
- Brushless motor: Generally, corded devices are more powerful than cordless ones because of power rating. However, with a brushless motor, cordless devices become more efficient, producing more torque per weight, longer runtime, and energy efficiency to match the operational needs. That is because there are no moving parts. Thus, no friction or overheating of the machine and the motor is programmed with the battery to optimize performance at all times.
This product comes with the brushless motor and uses the LXT Li-ion battery type. This combination makes the device compatible with all (3.0, 4.0, and 5.0Ah) LXT Lion-battery, reduces its charge time to between 22 to 45 minutes (45mins for 5.0Ah), and less costly to maintain.
- Cutting Performance: Makita DJV182Z uses a rigid aluminum base bevel for cutting 45 degrees to the left or right and positive stop at 90 degrees for solid and efficient cutting performance. There is also a change lever for 3 orbital settings and straight cutting. The device also comes with a variable speed control dial and a trigger switch with a lock-on button. Both functions allow for more control of the speed and strokes per minute needed for different cuts on various materials. Still, the device is only suitable for no more than 10mm in steel, 20mm in aluminum, and 135mm in wood.
- Soft Start and “Soft No-Load” Function: When a machine blast at its full speed when switched on, it makes a loud noise and there will be a sudden surge of power that’ll cause it to jerk when running. So, the machine has a soft start feature for a gradual build-up of the machine’s speed and a Soft no-load function to reduce the device speed when idle to save energy and decrease vibration sent to the user.
- Insulated grip Handle: Vibrations are common to jigsaws because they run at high speeds delivering high strokes per minute. So, to minimize the vibrations sent to the user’s hands along with providing a firm hold, this tool comes in a rubber-coated design.
- Blower function for cleaning cutting line
- Twin LED job light to illuminate the workpiece
- Tool-less blade change
|Dimension||22 x 29 x 10cm|
|Strokes Per Minute||800-3500spm|
|Included components||Anti-Splintering Device, Dust Nozzle, Hex Wrench, Cover Plate, and Jigsaw.|
This tool has a 3-year manufacturer warranty when registered within 30 days of purchase.
- Soft No-Load function improves control and battery life
- Brushless motor
- Tool-less blade change for quick and easy change of blades
- Excellent overall performance
- Superior-grade construct
- Variable speed control trigger with lock-on button
- Soft-start means it takes a little time to startup
- Battery, charger, and blades are not included
Overall, Makita DJV182Z is a superior-quality tool that gets the job done efficiently and conveniently. It may be quite pricey but its build-quality, performance, and functions justify its price. More so, like with other LXT Makita powertools, the device does not come with a battery or charger but they can be easily purchased online.