If you are looking to buy a circular saw, there are few things you ought to consider before deciding on what product is best suited for you. To make this analysis easy for you we have made a review on many top-quality circular saws with different peculiarities. However, this review focuses on the Makita DSS611Z LXT circular saw.
This article will expose you to the product’s build quality, cutting performance, range of application, safety features as well as its limitations and flaws. So, in the end, you will be well informed whether or not to buy this saw.
Makita DSS611Z LXT is a cordless circular saw that was designed as a cheap alternative to the DSS610 model. At a glance, the tool comes with a lightweight, compact, and rigid construct featuring a powerful motor to drive its cutting operation. While delivering smooth cutting power for precise cuts, thesaw also allows for bevel cuts for up to 50 degrees suitable for most cutting applications. Besides, the device comes with other outstanding features that ensure maximum user safety, extreme ease of use alongside keeping its cutting performance uncompromised.
Some Unique Features Of The DSS611Z
- Enhanced Motor: Although corded, the DSS611Z LXT comes with a powerful brushless motor that delivers the robust speed and torque needed for optimum cutting precision and finish. With its advanced drive system, the tool requires no maintenance of its motor, saving you the cost and can deliver high power and still weigh only 3.1kg. The brushless motor system also works alongside the tool’s Lithium-ion batteries to optimize the power used to the application requirement, ensuring efficient energy use.
- Cutting Performance/Bevel Cut Level: This saw has a maximum rotational speed of 3700rpm for smooth and powerful cutting with very high precision. Many other devices outside its class (corded) provides more speed but for its class, the tool does extremely great. This speed and motor power along with its bevel cuts of up to 50degrees make the saw suitable for most cutting operations. However, it is ideal for cutting no more than 57mm at 90degrees, 40mm at 45degrees, and 36mm at 50degrees.
- Build Quality: This tool comes with a rigid aluminum base that makes its construct superior in quality and toughness but lightweight. Yet, to save cost, the electronic brake system, LED work light and positive stop at 45degrees are missing. So, the tool’s long-lasting ability remains intact but its overall build quality could be better.
- Safety Features: Many DIYers forget to check out the safety functions available on the device and are so carried away by the power and torque. However, it is always better to be safe than sorry. So, to guarantee operator safety, this machine comes with a double safety trigger to prevent accidental starting and a safety cover with a calibration line for adjusting depth.
- Soft Grip Handle: Designers of power-tools that run at high speeds with fairly high torque provide rubber over-mould on the machine’s handle to reduce the vibrations from the motor from getting to the operator’s body. Thus, guaranteeing maximum convenience and less fatigue when working. This device comes with such soft-grip handles for both convenience and better handling.
- Battery: This circular saw is a bare tool. That is you will have to purchase the battery and charger separately. Yet, the supported battery is the Lithium-ion type for better runtime, lifespan, and less weight. The charging system features the air-cooled Makstar Optimum technology for shorter charge time.
|Dimension||22 x 34 x 20cm|
|Bevel Capacity||50 degrees|
|Maximum cutting depth||90 degrees- 57mm 45degrees- 40mm 50degrees- 36mm|
|Included components||TCT Saw Blade, Rip Fence, Hex Wrench, and Circular Saw.|
Makita covers this product with a 1-year standard warranty. However, they offer an extended 3-year warranty if the tool is registered online within 30days of purchase.
- Suitable for both left and right-handed users
- Bevel cuts of up to 50degrees
- Removable dust-nozzle that can be connected to a vacuum cleaner
- Excellent overall performance
- Sturdy construct
- No LED work light
- Not for heavy-duty operations
All in all, we can easily say that the Makita DSS611Z LXT circular saw is an affordable tool best suited if you’re keen on price, compact design, and simple but versatile cutting operations.