The ParkerBrand PTS-250 has a very powerful 2000 W motor that gives you speeds of up to 5000 RPM. You can adjust the height of the blades easily to a 45-degree angle for bevel cuts. On top of that, this table saw easily cuts through 85 mm on a straight cut, and on a 45-degree angle, it can cut up to 65 mm.
This is incredible considering that many of the tools sold on the market don’t even offer you half of this cutting capacity. The size of the table when fully extended is 642 mm X 938 mm. The PTS-250 has one of the largest spaces you will work with on a table tool and below is a summary of its best features.
- Non-finding stand – Sturdy and strong, the table size when extended measures 642 mm X 938 mm. The aluminium fence it has is roughly ¾ the length of the table plus it has a single point locking mechanism.
- Handwheel – This wheel that controls the blade tilt, fall, and rise works smoothly in ensuring you have no issues while you work.
- Mitre gauge – This feature is very easy to secure in position and can accommodate cross-cuts between +/- 60 deg.
- Well-positioned off/on switch – The position where manufacturers put switches on their tools is very important. This ParkerBrand PTS-250 table saw has an off/on switch that is in a great position for you to easily operate it when needed.
- 24 tooth tungsten carbide blade – This blade is perfect for cutting up materials like wood, MDF, or PDFs. Versatility in the blade is a feature that many DIYer and professionals want and you get that with this 24 tooth tungsten carbide blade.
- Dust extraction system – When you’re finished working, you can hoover all the debris up keeping your station clean and safe thanks to this dust extraction system that was fitted on this tool.
- Good aftercare team – Customer service does not end when the customer buys a product. It is also what a manufacturer can do for a customer when they are having problems with their product in terms of repairs or replacements. They know that since they’re not a big name in the power tools industry like Dewalt, Ryobi, or Makita, people might have a few issues using their product. They have a great after sales team who are on hand to help anyone who needs advice on things like repairs and more.
- Cheaper option – Buying a high-end model when it comes to table saws is not something everyone can do due to different financial situations. If you are short on funds and can’t afford any of the high-end models from the big brands, the PTS-250 is a great alternative because you won’t have to break the bank to afford it. It will give you some of the features you’ll get from a top table saw minus the high asking price.
- Wonderful motor – At 2000W, for a cheap model made by a relatively unknown manufacturer, this is extremely powerful than most table saws on the market because it can generate a no-load speed of 5000 RPM. This is enough power for you to get a variety of small and medium-sized jobs done. As far as safety is concerned, the blade guard and riving knife are well made and can be connected to the dust extraction pier with ease.
- Not a popular brand name – The one thing that works against this saw is the brand name. Not many people are familiar with the brand and will have a few reservations about the quality of the product they will get in terms of its durability.
The ParkerBrand PTS-250 has some very impressive specs for something that many see as a budget table saw. Even though this brand name is not well known to many DIYers or tradesmen, what it brings to the table in terms of features is worth giving it a try. It is clear to see that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Anyone who is having issues with this tool can always get in touch with the manufacturers and they are on hand to help as much as they can.