The Ryobi EMS190DC 18V ONE+ Cordless Mitre Saw (Body Only) is a top-performing tool that is very powerful and cordless. It works well with a 190mm 24TCT blade that is capable of making cuts up to 38 x 108mm at 90 degrees in wood. There are a few pre-select mitre angles from 0 – 45 degrees as well as a 0 – 45-degree bevel. This feature will give you greater cut versatility especially if you work with a variety of materials.
The compact and lightweight design makes it easy for you to move it around with ease and the main thing you need to know about this tool is that it is sold as a ‘bare’ tool. It doesn’t come with a battery or charger but is compatible with all batteries and chargers across the 18V ONE+ system which is good news if you own tools belonging to the same family.
Key Features Of The EMS190DC
- Adjustable clamp – The reason why the manufacturers put this feature in this is to help users achieve a cut that’s accurate and precise.
- Pre-select angled and bevel – The bevel on the Ryobi EMS190DC is between 0 – 45 degrees and when it comes to pre-select angles, these are the angles that people use the most. This tool has pre-select angles at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.5, and 45 degrees.
- Carbide tipped blade – The tool has a thin kerf 24T carbide-tipped blades that provide control, longevity, and maximum performance when you work.
- Powerful motor – This tool is equipped with a powerful 18 V motor which can achieve a no-load speed of 4500 RPM. This speed can cut so many materials with ease plus you can effortlessly cut 38 X 108 mm at 90 degrees.
- Variety of materials – You can use this tool to cut things like nogging pieces, skirting boards and so many other materials with a tremendous amount of accuracy and speed.
- 18V ONE+ battery – having this battery in your possession means that you’ll have the ability to power up over 100 garden and home tools. This gives you a wide range of options and versatility to get different types of jobs done.
- Begin your ONE+ collection – Buying Ryobi EMS190DC allows you to start your ONE+ collection with an awesome starter kit that includes the tool, battery, and charger. You can save money because you won’t have to buy an extra body only tool for a long time.
- Lightweight and compact – To provide you with great portability Ryobi ensures that this tool is super lightweight. The compact design they went for means that you can use it in very tight areas without feeling restricted.
- Cordless – Cordless tools offer a very high level of freedom when one is using them because they are not limited by space or distance. You can maneuver around easily while a corded tool on the other hand, though powerful, might restrict your freedom and can potentially cause serious injuries if you’re not careful.
- Can fit in a Ryobi carry bag – This tool is very portable because it doesn’t weigh much and it can fit in a carry bag. Ryobi does sell their carry bags which you can buy to make transporting this tool very easily online and in stores.
- You get a bare tool when you make a purchase – When you purchase this tool, it comes bare without any charger or battery. The good news is this product is compatible with ONE+ system batteries and chargers.
- Can slow down projects – Since it is a cordless tool, it doesn’t have any cables that require you to plug to a power source for a constant supply of time. It has a run time and will require you to charge it when the battery is low which can cause delays to projects if you’re not keeping track of the battery life.
Overall to get the best out of Ryobi EMS190DC saw, you need to buy a 4.0Ah battery or higher because it gives you an amazing runtime. As far as the charger is concerned, you should be looking at the 18 V ONE+ fast charger. This goes hand in hand with the battery mentioned above. The blades that complement this tool well are the 190 mm 24TCT blades.