Ryobi is one of the leading manufacturers in the power-tool industry with a solid reputation for superior construct and superb performance. In this article, we will review a circular saw from this manufacturer- the Ryobi R18CS-0.
Our assessment will hinge on its cutting performance, design, build-quality, its unique advantage over competitive products, and the tool’s limitations and possible flaws. So, after reading this review, you will know what to expect if you buy this tool, what it can do, and what it can’t. Yet, if you find out it is not suitable for your projects, we will recommend an alternative you may like.
R18CS-0 is a cordless circular saw with a powerful driving system and top-quality blade ideal for making long straight cuts in timber and plastic. The tool comes with a quite impressive cutting capacity for its size and price as well as other outstanding features and functions that make it an ideal pick for light to medium scale DIY projects.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Advanced Brushless Motor: Brushless motors are the hallmark of top-quality battery-powered tools. They come with a better construct that eradicates the use of carbon brushes in the drive system. Thus, removing the drawbacks that come with brushes. In other words, there will be no friction within the internal component of this motor system because of the absence of the moving parts common to brushed motors. Also, the device will deliver higher torque per weight and better revolutions per minute without overloading or overheating.
- Cutting Performance: The tool’s blade can run up to 4700 revolutions per minute at a bore of 15.88mm. This cutting speed and blade bore is quite superb for its size and will guarantee a brilliant, precise, and neatly-finished cut. The device also allows a tool-less depth and bevel level adjustment of up to 56 degrees. Yet, its cutting depth is quite limited because of its compact design (requiring smaller blade diameter) to only 52mm at 90 degrees, 36mm at 45degress, and 28mm at 56degrees.
- Build Quality: All in all, we can easily say that the R18CS-0 has a superior-grade construction. First, it features a tough, bend-resistant aluminum baseplate and blade cover. It also comes with a premium Thin Kerf 150mm blade with 18 carbide teeth that provide superb cutting performance and quality.
- Battery: To keep the tool affordable, this product is sold separately- as a bare tool without a charger or battery. You may be thinking about what the point is since you’ll still have to buy a battery and charger and the cost will still go up. Well, here’s the catch- the tool is a member of the ONE+ system. This system allows you to use one battery for every Ryobi ONE+ tool. Hence, you wouldn’t have to buy another battery or charger if you have a ONE+ tool already.
- Soft-Grip Handle: Handling a vibrating tool with a plastic body is both difficult and unhealthy. So, to provide an excellent, firm grip of the tool as well as reduce these vibrations from the operator’s body, this tool comes with a rubber over-mould handle.
- Dust Extraction Mechanism: This tool comes with a rotatable dust port that can be connected to a vacuum cleaner to keep workpieces and line of cut clear off dust.
|Dimension||26 x 32 x 20cm|
|Bevel Capacity||56 degrees|
|Maximum cutting depth||90 degrees- 45mm 45 degrees- 32mm 56 degrees- 28mm|
|Included components||165mm TCT Saw Blade, Side Fence, Hex Key, and Circular Saw.|
This product comes with a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- A tool-less depth and bevel adjustment for easy setup
- Excellent cutting depth for its size
- Superb overall performance
- Advanced brushless motor technology
- Compact design
- Not supplied with battery or charger
- Fairly small cutting depth compared to relatively larger competitors
Recommendation and Buying Option
Overall, Ryobi R18CS-0 is an excellent performing device with impressive cutting depth for its size and superior-grade construction. So, if you are looking for a compact tool for medium-scale cutting tasks, this device perfectly suits you.