Ryobi products are renowned in the power tools industry for their low prices. That is because the Fuchu, Hiroshima based manufacturer aims to produce tools with pro-features affordable for middle-class citizens. The Ryobi R18JS-0 jigsaw does not mar the mission of the company. Indeed, it provides an overall high performance and excellent features a professional or novice DIYer will need.
This cordless jigsaw is suitable for cutting straight and curved lines on all types of wood, plastic, metal, and drywall. However, the blades cannot withstand anything other than those materials. Also, it features the ONE+ option that allows you to buy only a bare unit and other excellent options that produce a smooth, easy, and efficient cut.
- For sawing wood, laminated panels and plastics
- Work table made of die-cast aluminium
- Integrated laser marks the cutting line. Supports...
- Saw head is infinitely tiltable to the left and...
- Double tube-mounted drag function for wide...
Some Features Of The R18JS-0
- Multiple cut option: Many jigsaws in the market produce either of straight cuts or curved cut. Even more, some provide both cutting method but with a poor overall performance. That is because the orbital settings and overall flexibility of the blade on those devices are poor. However, with the four-stage pendulum action, superior orbit, and blade speed optimization (Speed Match feature), this tool affords you more. Correctly, the two cutting styles, as well as a smooth cut on the workpiece.
- Variable speed setting: This feature comes only on high-end devices. It is not entirely necessary while cutting wood. Albeit, cutting through metal requires a slower speed for smoother finish. For that reason, the Jigsaw allows you to select the speed of the blade in two options — a variable trigger, and then a knob. While the trigger gives the operator a full, unlimited control of the blade speed, the knob provides a range the blade cannot exceed.
- Lock-on switch: This power tool features a lock-on switch to provide a comfortable use of the device while solving the problem of erratic blade speed. When the operator triggers this switch, the blade will maintain its current pace for the entire cutting operation.
- Tool-less blade clamp: Old or low-end jigsaws will require a hex wrench or other tools to either mount or remove the blades. However, the Ryobi R18JS-0 provides a lever-action clamp for easy removal of the blade without any other device.
- Speed Match: The built-in speed match feature optimizes orbital action and speed of the blade. This optimization is a factor of the workpiece material, and its primary function is to produce a smooth and accurate cut.
- Brushless motor: This motor type accounts for more efficient performance, low cost of maintenance, and improved durability.
- LED work light: The light on this device provides better visibility on the cutting line when working in dimly lit areas.
- Blade Saver: This feature allows operators to adjust the base vertically to use a more extended blade height.
- 25mm Stroke Length: With this length, the jigsaw is suitable for cutting wood at different angles.
- ONE + feature: “One plus” implies that this jigsaw also comes as a bare unit (that is, without battery or charger). As a result, any 18v rated battery from power tools produced by this manufacturer can work on this device.
Ryobi Limited supports this product with an excellent warranty on its design, battery, and parts. Precisely:
- Design: 3 years
- Battery: 3 years
The Ryobi R18JS-0 also comes with a 90-day exchange policy. This policy allows buyers to return and get another device if the craft is defective. However, it requires a proof of payment and a complete return of every part of the machine.
Care And Maintenance
- Do not use solvents in cleaning the tool’s plastic parts
- Avoid gasoline, brake fluid, and other petroleum-based products from coming in contact with its plastic parts
- Use dust collection systems or a brush to clean the machine.
- Do not try to repair the machine or lose its component by yourself for repairs.
- Great value for its price
- Excellent overall performance
- Sturdy and high-quality construct
- Excellent handling
- Easy base adjustments for angle cuts
- Poor dust extraction
Conclusion And Recommendation
All in all, Ryobi R18JS-0 offers an outstanding cutting operation. It is also suitable for a wide range of cutting options. The excellent warranty, as well as superior features, makes this product a premium choice. Not to mention that it is very affordable. So, for efficient cutting of wood, metal, plastic, and dry walls, we recommend this device.