Circular saws come in different specifications to meet varied cutting operations- there are models designed for light use and others for professional heavy-duty applications. These saws also come in different build-quality, cutting performance, limitations, and peculiarities that make picking one out of the numerous options available, a difficult task. So, to help you lessen that burden, we made a review of the Ryobi RWSL1801M circular saw.
After reading this review you will see the overall performance of this tool, whether it is suits your projects and if it’s worth the buy.
Ryobi RWSL1801M is a lightweight circular saw equipped with an advanced driving system and other functions that deliver sufficient power, speed, and precision. The tool ideal for making long straight cuts, trimming sheet wood to size, cutting worktops, flooring, or making quick and accurate cuts in wood. It comes with a superb build-quality that guarantees a long lifespan as well as comfortable use throughout the cutting operation.
Some Unique Features Of The RWSL1801M
- Advanced Drive System: This tool comes with an advanced driving system- the brushless motor technology. The advantage of this motor-type is that it draws less current from the battery and lasts twice as long as the brushed type. More so, because there are no moving parts, the tool can manage higher energy efficiency. Hence, improving the tool’s lifespan, cutting finishing, as well as its torque per weight.
- Cutting performance: With a maximum no-load speed of 4700rpm, this saw can deliver smooth cuts across various materials. It also features the Premium Thin Kerf Blade with 18 carbide-tipped teeth that reduce power drain as well as provide a brilliant cutting performance and quality. If you intend to make angled cuts, the device allows you to adjust the bevel level to about 45 degrees. However, you can only get cuts no further than 32mm at 45 degrees and 45mm at 90 degrees.
- Build Quality: Ryobi RWSL1801M comes with similar build quality available on high-end brands. It features a bend-resistant and lightweight aluminum base soleplate that both ensures premium cutting stability but easy maneuverability.
- Dust extraction: While cutting, sawdust gets all over the workpiece and will cover the cutting line. So, to let you get a view of the line of cut throughout the operation and even keep your work environment hazard-free, this tool comes with a dust port that can be connected to a vacuum cleaner.
- Battery: This machine is sold as a bare unit (without a battery or charger) but it is part of the Ryobi ONE+ System. An option that allows you to use one battery for all Ryobi power-tools within this family. Hence, saving you the cost of battery and charger for each tool you purchase. ONE+ system batteries range from 1.0Ah to 6.0Ah but the manufacturer recommends using a 4.0Ah battery or higher for this product. They also advise that you use the 18V ONE+ Fast Charger with a 4.0Ah battery.
- Spindle Lock: This function describes a spring-loaded clamping system that allows you to safely change the blade of the machine. It does so by locking the spindle of the tool from rotating allowing you to easily unfit or fit the blade without tools.
- GripZone Over-mould Technology: Handling a vibrating power-tool with spindles that move at high speed is difficult especially when their exterior is made of hardened plastic. So, to improve this tool’s handling, designers provided rubber over-mould on the handles for a firm but comfortable grip of the machine.
|Dimension||25 x 33.6 x 20cm|
|Bevel Capacity||45 degrees|
|Maximum cutting depth||90 degrees- 45mm 45 degrees- 32mm|
|Included components||165mm TCT Saw Blade, Side Fence, Hex Key, and Circular Saw.|
This product comes with a 3-year warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- The tool-less depth and bevel adjustment
- Integrated dust port
- Excellent blade quality
- Superb overall performance
- Cordless Convenience
- Not suitable for heavy-duty tasks
- Relatively low cutting depth and bevel cut level.
Recommendation and Buying Option
All in all, the Ryobi RWSL1801M circular saw offers excellent value for its price. The tool comes with a compact, lightweight design and is suitable for light DIY cutting applications and it does its job perfectly. Yet, if you’re keen on more versatile cutting, look up our Ryobi R18CS-0 review.