The Terratek TJS180 is one of those tools that does exactly what it says in the manual. If you are searching the market for something reliable to cut metal, plastic, and timber, you will not find a better tool than this one. Terratek made sure that this jigsaw has good features to not only meet the needs of their customers but exceed them too.
The TJS180 Key Features
- Powerful 6 speeds – This 800W jigsaw has 6 – speed settings which make it ideal for a variety of DIY jobs one performs at home. Even if you are an amateur handyman, you will find this tool very easy to control. With this tool, you also get 3100 SPM which is good for metal, plastic, and timber.
- Dust extraction port – This Terratek TJS180 jigsaw makes it easy for you to clean up after yourself because you can connect it to a vacuum cleaner. Instead of using a broom, you can use the impressive suction power of any vacuum of your choice to tidy up your workstation.
- Built-in laser – This laser is there to help you cut in a straight line. Yet again, this feature is very helpful to anyone who is an amateur handyman.
- Quick change blade – There is no need for you to worry about using a tool to switchblades. You can change the blades effortlessly without using a single tool. With a 45-degree adjustable cutting angle, you will get much cleaner cuts all the time.
- Effective cutting – When you buy this tool, you will notice it comes with 5 blades. One for cutting metal, three for cutting wood, one for PCV, and you get a cutting depth of 10mm – 80mm.
- Reliable motor – While 800W might not seem powerful enough for someone, the motor on this tool will not let you done because you will 3100SPM out of it which is more than enough for a small DIY task. You don’t have to worry about this motor breaking down on you because Terratek made sure that they give their customer the very best motor possible because their rivals have good quality ones on their tools too.
- Great for beginners – If you are an amateur and using a jigsaw for the very first time, it can be challenging to make accurate and precise cuts. You will have no such problems with Terratek TJS180 because it has a laser guide. This feature helps beginners who are struggling get those precise cuts they want at the first time of asking with minimal effort.
- Affordable and versatile – To get your hands on this tool, you don’t have to worry about paying a high price. It is a very affordable tool that can be used on plenty of small DIY projects you have. It is very comfortable enough for you to use without losing your grip and durability meaning it won’t show any signs of wear or tear even if you use it every day. It has a fantastic design to ensure you are safe, has 6-speed settings, and comes with 5 blades for cutting wood, PCV, and metal.
- Cleaner workstation – It is expected that when you work with tools such as a jigsaw, dust, and debris will fly everywhere. What you get here is a tool that has a dust extraction port which allows you to connect your vacuum cleaner. It’s very easy to use and all you have to do is simply plug in the vacuum, suck up any debris and dispose of it.
- Not great for heavy-duty jobs – While this tool is fantastic when it comes to the features it has to offer, you will only get the best results with what it brings to the table when you use it on small projects. It can’t handle heavy-duty jobs and if you are a tradesman who often works on big projects, you should invest in a more powerful jigsaw.
Anyone with very littlest experience when it comes to using a jigsaw, Terratek TJS180 is a wonderful tool to start with. It is very reliable, safe, and very easy to use. It’s compact and versatile enough to be used on a variety of small DIY jobs but not heavy duty ones. If you are in the market looking for an affordable jigsaw, this one should be on your wish list.