While the market is full of so many planers one can buy for trimming surface and doors as well as removing stock, the Ryobi R18PL-0 planer is an amazing tool to own. Powered by a 5.0Ah Lithium+ battery, this tool leaves a smooth finish every time. What makes or breaks a power tool is the features it has. It has everything that a professional or DIY enthusiast wants in their planner include power, control, and precision. Below are some of the main features.
- Comes with 2 reversible TCT blades and a wrench
- Dust bag
- Has a side fence
- Positive depth adjustment of between 0 – 0.4mm
- For added precision, it has a chamfering groove in die-cast front shoe
- Has a front handle for better control during use
- Part of the Ryobi ONE+ series: Since the planer belongs to the Ryobi ONE+ series or family, it can use the same battery as other ONE+ DIY power or garden tools. This means you don’t have to spend money buying a battery specifically for this planer. If you have other ONE+ products at home, you can use the same battery making it a cost-effective tool.
- Power by a 5.0Ah Lithium+ battery: Every good cordless tool needs a strong battery to be able to perform at its maximum. A weak battery can make a product feel very inferior even if it has some amazing features. The battery that powers this planer is very impressive and loved by many people because it lasts long. This planer will not die on you halfway through a project because of its amazing endurance. Not many batteries have the capability to power up planers for a long period of time like this one and this feature alone makes this planer a must-have.
- Comes with a three-year warranty: As with many power tools these days, they all come with a warranty. The Ryobi R18PL-0 planer comes with a three-year warranty meaning should anything happen to it within three from the purchase day, you can return it for a refund or replacement.
- Incredible blade size: Blades are very important on power tools and it is important for a tool to have one with the right dimension to get projects done easily and quickly. The size of the blade is 82mm. This is a reasonably sized blade that gives you better precision and accuracy. You will notice the smooth finish every time you use this tool on a surface.
- Amazing precision and a kickstand: This is thanks to the chamfering groove in the front shoe and the kickstand feature allows you to rest the tool without leaving any marks on your pieces.
- Affordable planer: When compared with other planers on the market, this one is affordable and the features you get make this an absolute bargain. You get a top-quality product that will leave surfaces smooth all the time even if you are a novice.
- Battery sold separately: It is a massive shame that such a wonderful tool does not come with a battery. When you buy Ryobi R18PL-0, you need to buy the 5.0 Ah Lithium+ battery otherwise you will not get any projects done. The good thing is you can easily find these batteries on the market if you haven’t got one or if you have Ryobi ONE+ series tools at home, you can use their batteries on this tool.
- Warranty does not extend to accessories: Even though Ryobi offers customers a three-year warranty when they buy this tool, this does not extend to components and accessories. If any of the components or accessories are damaged or show signs of wear, you have to dig deep in your pockets and replace them.
What makes customers love the Ryobi R18PL-0 planer is the fact that it belongs to the Ryobi ONE+ meaning it is compatible. You don’t need to spend money on batteries or other accessories. You simply use the same accessories in the product range and they work very well.
You will have no problems finishing or preparing timber for projects and trimming doors when you use this planer. Its amazing design makes it perfect for fast stock removal and the Lithium+ battery makes it one of the most powerful you can buy.