Since 1886, the Germany based company, Bosch has been in the power tool industry. The company has a reputation for its pioneering and innovative technology alongside other top brands like DeWalt and Makita. In particular, the Bosch GBH 2-26 is a corded rotary hammer drill that features the Slotted Drive System (SDS) – an innovative drive mechanism first used by the power tool division of the company.
The rotary hammer comes with other excellent features and a sturdy construct. It is suitable for hammer drilling in stone, brick, and concrete, as well as light chiseling work. Even more, it is ideal for drilling without impact on metal, plastic, ceramic, and wood. The tool can also screw drive machines with electronic control and left/right rotation. Albeit, the device does not work with a core bit.
Some Unique Features Of This Product
- Slotted Drive System (SDS) plus: This feature is suitable when using smaller shank sizes and little chiseling. Precisely, it provides slots that match the inside of the chick drill at the end of its bits. It is particularly useful in holding the bits like the typical chuck can do under pressure- tight enough to avoid the bit from slipping. Even so, it improves the overall hammering operation of the device.
- Variable speed option: The speed and torque the machine should operate at is a function of the hole and bit sizes. Generally, for small holes, small bits can cut smoothly through at high speed and lesser torque. In converse, for larger holes, a large bit would have to cut through the piece at a higher torque but slower pace.
For that reason, the rotary drill allows you to select between different speed options to suit your work operation.
- Lock-on button: The GBH 2-26 comes with a lock-on button to enable easy use of the machine and eradicate the problem of inconsistent speed. Its function is to maintain the current speed of the device when an operator pushes the button.
- Side Handle: Side handles are useful in stopping rotation, providing stability and firm hold of the machine. Even so, they come with shock-absorbing abilities to reduce excessive vibration when the appliance is running.
This Bosch rotary hammer comes with an extra handle behind the chuck. The device also allows the user to screw the handle at preferred angles for a better overall grip.
- Rotational direction switch: With this hammer drill offers a forward and reverse direction modes that improve its versatility of use and a safe way to dislodge jammed drill bits. Also, the tool provides a switch to facilitate the use of this feature.
- Overload protection: Power surge causes severe damage to any electrical appliance and even to its user. With overload protection, this machine will automatically reduce the power that comes into it when there is a current surge. Further, if the overload continues for a long time, the tool will shut down.
- Corded: This appliance uses electricity as its primary power source. For that reason, it provides generous amounts of power as long as there is a supply, thereby eliminating the need to worry about battery life.
- Ball grommet: Generally, cable damage is a problem with all corded power tools. With regards to that, the Bosch GBH 2-26 comes with a ball grommet that prevents cable breaks, snag, and damage.
- Vario–Lock feature for easy angling
- Quick-change chuck option: This feature provides a fast change between drilling with impact in concrete and drilling without impact in metal and wood.
Like every other Bosch Professional tool, this device comes with a 3-year limited warranty. However, this guarantee only applies if the owner registers the machine within four weeks of purchase.
- Excellent non-stop performance for fast drilling and high chiseling removal rate
- Sturdy, high-quality construct makes the device very durable
- Wide range of application
- Active air cooling mechanism to prevent overheating
- Relatively low power
- Brushed motor
Conclusion And Buying Option
Bosch is a top brand in the industry of power tools. Like all its products, the Bosch GBH 2-26 hammer drill does not disappoint. Although this tool is not the best hammer drill from this manufacturer, its overall performance is excellent. It is suitable for DIY tasks and light commercial use. The only drawback is that it does not accept core bits.