Finding the best Makita cordless drill is easier said than done because there are so many of them on the UK market at different prices. The first thing you need to do is have a clear picture of the tasks you’re about to perform before you begin searching the market. Once you know the jobs you’re about to perform look for the drill driver that will give you top-quality performance.
Below is a look at 9 power tools from Makita that should bring our radar.
Makita Cordless Drills
|Makita DHP482 WZ||9.4||Check|
Powered by an impressive 18V lithium-ion battery, this Makita cordless drill can deliver a speed of between 500 – 2000 RPM. This is strong enough to be used on a variety of fastening and drilling jobs at home or work. The brushless motor helps keep the tool. Copland prevent overheating while you work allowing you to work for 50% longer.
For durability, this drill is made out of metal and when used on heavy or light-duty jobs, you will not see any signs of wear and tear. There are 21 torque settings and you can change the drill bit without using accessories like screwdrivers or spinners.
- You can use it for a long period without feeling tired because it weighs just 1.6 kgs
- The brushless motor eliminates issues that plague other power tools like overheating
- An extremely powerful tool that offers you an impressive speed
- Great run time meaning you can work for longer with this tool than most on the market
- Very portable and easy to store at home or in your workplace
- Any accessories you might need to be purchased separately which adds extra cost on top of the purchase price.
No matter the drilling, hammer drilling, and fastening jobs you might have, you will find that this amazing Makita cordless drill has the speed to deal with anything thrown it’s way. It delivers a speed of 2000 RPM thanks to an impressive 18V lithium-ion battery that powers it and the brushless motor provides longevity.
You get 21 clutch settings with this cordless drill as well for more control and LED lights which help you see clearly in the dark. Lastly, it has water and dust resistance thanks to the Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) the manufacturers added to it plus it has a 13mm keyless chuck which makes bit changing very easy.
- A very strong cordless tool that can handle both light and heavy-duty jobs with ease
- Extremely durable thanks to the metal and plastic it’s made from
- A very easy tool to work with, store and transport since it only weighs 1.44kgs
- The only major complaint people have with this tool is the runtime which is shorter than most models on the UK market.
Makita DHP458Z Combi Drill
This is one of a few power tools on the UK market that used a 4 pole motor. With a 2 speed transmission of 0 – 400 and 0 – 2000 RPM, drilling and fastening with this tool is a wonderful experience and less tiring. You can use this Makita cordless drill on wood, masonry, and metal to great effect plus it has 21 clutch settings to ensure you produce great results on the mentioned materials. For easy bit changes, this drill has a single sleeveless chuck and the twin LED job light allows you to perform your tasks in poorly lit areas or at night.
- Offers users both power and speed to get through jobs quicker
- Can be used on masonry, steel, and wood making it very versatile
- Has a light for better accuracy in poorly lit areas
- No need for extra tools to change the bits making it very convenient
- Many customers feel like the price is a bit high for just the body meaning they need to spend more money on accessories.
Makita WZ DHP482 White Cordless Combi Drill
With a 21 adjustable clutch and a great battery life, this power tool is every DIYer or professional’s dream product. This trustworhty Makita cordless drill is filled with some awesome features like an 18V battery which enables you to experience a high level of performance all the time. To ensure you’re comfortable and in control of this tool, Makita added a soft grip which also makes it easy to use.
The LED light comes in handy when you’re at a job site that has poor lighting. You will be able to see clearly what you’re drilling or hammering since the work station will be illuminated by the light. Lastly, the battery is protected from damage, high temperatures, and overheating thanks to the Makita Battery protection circuitry. Below are the pros and cons of this wonderful power tool.
- Safer than corded tools because you never have to worry about cables getting in the way
- A very cheap cordless drill which caters to those low on income
- Comes with a carrying case for easy transportation and storage
- The battery does not take long to charge and at 22 minutes, it has one of the quickest charging times
- A few issues with the build quality of this product as some customers say that it feels cheap and breaks easily.
Makita DDF481Z Brushless Drill Driver
With this Makita cordless drill in your hands, you will be able to drill and fasten with a speed of 2100 RPM and 115 Nm. You can expect to make light work of the most demanding of applications and the brushless motor ensures that the tool runs smoothly and doesn’t overheat. This allows you to work for longer without having to worry about anything.
The metal construction makes this one of the most durable tools on this list and will withstand harsh conditions without showing wear or tear. You’ll have 21 torque settings to choose from depending on the materials you’re working on and there’s a battery fuel gauge which lets you see how much battery life you have left. Lastly, there is a twin LED job light that makes it easy for you to see and work in stations that have poor visibility.
- Durability thanks to the all-metal construction it is made from
- Can be used in the dark thanks to the LED light
- Lightweight and compact making it very easy to use
- Has an electronic brake which increases your safety
- This power tool is very expensive when compared to others sold in the UK market.
This Makita cordless drill shares some of the features that the other drills on this list have like an LED light. This provides you with light while you work for better accuracy in the dark and the 4 pole motor ensures you have no issues drilling by delivering a speed of 1800 RPM.
It needs an 18 V lithium-ion battery to perform at its maximum and thanks to the single sleeve keyless chuck, you can remove and install bits with one hand. Makita did a great job by ensuring this cordless drill has a compact design because it makes it easy for professionals and DIYers to use it in tight spaces.
- Excellent level of performance because of the 4 LXT motor
- Fitted with a light so that you see what you’re doing while working in the dark
- Impressive compact design that makes it easy to use in tight spaces
- Lightweight design for easy portable if you are a traveling tradesman
- Very easy to store and won’t take up plenty of space
- You need to buy the 18V lithium-ion battery separately because it doesn’t come with the tool
Makita DHR171Z Rotary Hammer
At close to 3kgs, some people might think it is bulky however, this weight is perfect because it reduces fatigue which tends to happen when people use power tools for a long time. The Makita cordless drill is a very compact tool which is good for people who work in confined spaces and the ergonomic design makes it very comfortable to use no matter your skillset.
What catches a lot of people by surprise is this tool’s ability to absorb vibrations. It doesn’t shake too much when you’re using it allowing you to be more precise and accurate with your drilling. It has an LED job light for those days where work couldn’t be completed during the day. It has a brushless motor for longevity because it reduces issues such as overheating when working on steel and wood.
- Packed with some amazing features that make work easy
- Easy to travel with thanks to its amazing compact design
- The ergonomic design Makita went for, makes this tool very comfortable in your hands
- Doesn’t overheat because it is equipped with a brushless motor
- Bright LED light for night sessions or working in dark workstations
- Can only be used on steel and wood but not masonry making it not ideal for people who deal with that material.
Makita DHP482Z 18V 62Nm Combi Drill
This Makita cordless drill makes this list because many people in the UK love it for its variable 2-speed transmission for quick and easy drilling as well as fastening. Whether it is light or heavy-duty jobs, you will be happy with how well this tool can handle such applications thanks to a speed of 1900 RPM. To make sure you are safe, there is an electric brake that brings the tool to a complete stop minimizing the risk of injury.
Have work in the evening when it’s dark or a room with poor lighting? No problem because this tool has a twin LED job light. It is reasonably durable thanks to the metal materials used to make it and it has 21 clutch settings. Lastly, there’s no need to have extra equipment on-site to change the bits, you can change them with ease without purchasing anything extra.
- Has technology that reduces overheating and discharge
- Great speed settings to suit different types of materials
- You can work comfortably in the dark thanks to the LED light
- Durability and strong thanks to the metals materials used to make the tool
- Doesn’t require any equipment to change the bits
- Affordable tool when compared to other Makita models
- You have to be careful not to overuse it because it is known to break if put under too much strain or pressure
- Since you are only buying the body here, you need to spend more money on accessories like chargers, batteries, and more.
Any DIYer and professional wants a tool that will last longer and this one is one of the most durable drills found on the UK market thanks to its metal construction. This Makita cordless drill is very lightweight meaning that it will not strong-arm you when you’re using it thereby reducing fatigue. The compact design allows you to work in tight space and the variable 3-speed settings allow you to drill and hammer different types of materials effortlessly.
While some of the tools on this list have 21 adjustable torquing settings, this one has 16. This doesn’t make it less inferior to its competition plus you can change the bit with one hand without using screwdrivers or spinners. Lastly, just like some of its brothers, it is equipped with what is known as a battery protection circuit. This protests the tool from overheating and damage from over-discharge.
- Very easy tool to handle thanks to its lightweight and compact design
- A budget-friendly tool for people with limited funds
- Has very comfortable grips for control, precision, and accuracy
- Impressive run time thanks to the powerful 18 V lithium-ion battery
- This tool is not ideal for heavy-duty jobs and might break if used on them
- You need to purchase extra accessories since all you get here is the body
Makita is a name that many professionals and DIYers have heard of because they make economically priced products like the ones above. They are all exceptional in their own right and the quality is exactly what you’d expect from a company that has years of experience like Makita. No matter your skill level, you should be able to use this tool comfortably thanks to their amazing design and features. You will not find many tools on the UK market that can outperform these ones.