Makita LC1230 is a wonderful metal saw from a company known for making top quality and fantastic power tools. If you are new to the DIY scene, you can still use this tool and get great results. Not only is it ideal for beginners, but professionals can use it too for a variety of projects.
The market is saturated with so many great tools that all have great features. With the LC1230, three things are certain. You will get versatility, power, and durability. You will be able to cut everything from iron, pipes, and conduit at 4 times the speed compared to other abrasive saws. What the tool also excels at is delivers precise and fast cuts. Below is a look at its key features in more detail.
Key Features Of The LC1230
- Powerful saw – The Makita LC1230 is equipped with a powerful 1650 watt motor which delivers 1,300 RPM. This is another to cut through a wide range of materials.
- Carbide tipped blade – The blade on this tool lasts 50 times longer than abrasive wheels which is very good news for those who plan on using it often. The cuts you get are also cleaner, more accurate, and results or burr-free.
- Shaft lock – This feature is present to make it easy for you to change blades using a single wrench. It also has a dual finger trigger and a lock-off button to ensure you are safe at all times because it can cause injuries if one isn’t careful or uses them correctly.
- Anti-vibration – Vibrations while not a big deal, can be a big issue for some people. The good news is the saw does not vibrate a lot when you’re using it meaning it makes less noise and increases the life of the power tool itself.
- Quick-release support fence – This adjusts 0 – 45 degrees for mitre cutting and offers you the perfect balance of speed and stability.
- Ergonomic design – The Makita LC1230 has a very comfortable D shaped handle. This feature makes it easy for you to use this tool for a very long time without feeling tired. Anyone who works long hour shifts will find the design very useful because you need all the support you can get while working.
- Durable – Built with a strong outer shell and a heavy base, this tool can withstand daily use without showing any signs of wear or tear. With a carbide-tipped blade that has a maximum cut depth of 4 ½ inches, you can tackle any project you want thanks to the durability of this tool.
- Easy adjustments – You don’t need to have any tools on deck if you want to adjust the angle of the fence. To do so, you have to simply loosen the lever and that’s it.
- Collection tray – Cleaning up after a job is very tedious and something that many people are not fans of. To prevent mess and ensure your work environment is clean and tidy, the LC1230 has a shavings collection tray. This is a very clever addition to the tool because not only does it collect any debris, the tray can easily be removed, making it easy for you to dispose of waste.
- Accessories – When you buy this power tool, you also get accessories such as safety goggles enabling you to start using the tool as soon as you open it, a socket wrench, instructions manual, and a 12 inch 60 tooth carbide tipped cutting blade.
- Expensive – Price is something that many people use to measure the quality of the product they are getting. While this power tool has plenty to offer for anyone who buys it, the major sticking point is the price. When compared with saws of other brands found on the market, this one is slightly expensive compared to them.
Whether you are buying it for casual or professional use, the Makita LC1230 is precise, offers clean and burr-free cuts, and is extremely powerful. Features like a cut depth of 4 ½ inches, quick release vise, and the bevel feature, this tool is very versatile. It’s solid construction and durability ensures that you will have this tool with you for years to come even if you use it every day.