The Makita DGA519Z is an excellent choice for anyone who enjoys DIY jobs and repairs. The battery-powered design and small size allow you to use it in very tight spaces. Makita always makes tools that are durable and you can use this on a variety of jobs like grinding, tile cutting, and wood adjusting without it showing signs of dents. It is filled with some incredible features to make your life easy which will be highlighted below.
The DGA519Z Key Features
- Impressive power – Makita DGA519Z uses the 18V Li-ion LXT slide-type battery and will not work if you insert G-series batteries. With the Li-ion battery, it can deliver a speed of up to 8500 RPM which will please any professional and DIY enthusiasts.
- Electric brake and anti restart function – There comes a time when working with power tools that you want to bring it to a complete stop immediately to avoid getting hurt. This electric brake is a great safety feature that helps users stop the tool and prevent any serious injuries from happening. The anti restart function is also wonderful because it prevents the tool from accidentally starting which can also cause injuries.
- Active Feedback Sensing Technology – This is also another safety feature this tool has and what this does is it stops the tool from working to protect you if it’s rotation speed slows down.
- Battery protection circuit – Power tool batteries get damaged for many reasons to prolong their life, Makita and many other manufacturers across the world add this feature. This makes the battery last longer and you don’t have to worry about issues such as discharge.
- Convenient side grip – The handle can be installed either on the left or right of the grinder offering you a high level of flexibility no matter your preferred hand.
- X-LOCK mechanism – The features allow you to quickly change the wheels on this grinder without using any tools. This ensures your work momentum remains undisturbed because if you jags to stop for a moment to change wheels, it can slow you down.
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology (ADT) – You can change the cutting speed on this grinder depending on the load condition with this feature. The ability to do this means you can control the force you apply on materials to get the best results.
- Affordable – Makita tools of any kind will set you back some change because they are very popular however, this Makita DGA519Z grinder is one of the most affordable high-end models you can buy. You will find all the features of this tool very useful and will see it as a bargain for the price you pay.
- No wires – Battery-powered tools have this advantage in their favor because you don’t have to worry about trips and falls. While you won’t be getting the limitless power from corded tools, you are safer and have the freedom to walk around or work almost anywhere without restrictions.
- Well built – Makita products are always well built and this tool is one of the strongest around because of the materials used to make it. It is very durable and comfortable to use thanks to its innovative design from the manufacturers.
- Poor user manual – A lot of people complain that while Makita makes good quality products, their users’ manual is not very informative. If you don’t have a lot of experience with grinders, it’s best to start with other models and get used to the feel of the tool before you buy this one.
- Batteries not included – The 18V Li-ion LXT slide-type battery needed for this tool has to be purchased separately because when you buy this tool, you will notice that it doesn’t come with a battery.
Overall the Makita DGA519Z stands out thanks to its brushless motor that prevents it from heating up and an X-LOCK mechanism that makes it easy for you to change wheels. The 18V Lithium-Ion battery delivers a speed of up to 8500 RPM which is more than enough to get many household jobs done. It is easy to lose control when you’re working with a tool that doesn’t have a comfortable handle but Makita made sure you have a tight grip each time you pick up this grinder.